Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set or pass default values to standard fields in EWM

kiran_kumar262
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm new to EWM module. Can any one tell me how can we pass values to standard fields in EWM.

im using Outbound Processes->Picking->Picking by WO or Outbound Processes->Picking->System Guided by Queue.

after entering    Scan SBin, and source HU, and pressing enter in the next screen i need to populate "Destination bin " in next screen based on some logic. Is there any BADI for this? how to implement that in EWM.

Kindly do the needful.

View Entire Topic
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean: "I need to populate "Destination bin"? There is no bin on the next screen given?   There is none in your warehouse task? Then you should check why none is found. Before implementing a BADI...

Brgds

Juergen

kiran_kumar262
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

my requirement is

1 Detailed Description of the enhancement

1. 1. Confirming HUs to Split Area:

1. 1. During picking process, at the time the HU WT confirmation process on RF, for a particular warehouse process type(WPT) system following logic:

Note: A warehouse process type will be configured, and this logic should be executed for a particular warehouse process type

1. 1.      Custom logic should read the destination storage type from the HU WT Field Dest.Stor.Type (NLTYP), and look for empty bin at all the bins within the same storage type – Table name: /SCWM/LAGP. Exclude generic (Overflow) bin.
  2. 2. Find the empty bin, and assign to HU WT. and display the same WT on RF.
  3. 3. If  No Free empty bin is found, generic bin will be assigned to HU WT
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

" 1.      Custom logic should read the destination storage type from the HU WT Field Dest.Stor.Type (NLTYP), and look for empty bin at all the bins within the same storage type – Table name: /SCWM/LAGP. Exclude generic (Overflow) bin.

• 2. Find the empty bin, and assign to HU WT. and display the same WT on RF."

This part (except what is scratched) is all standard, there is nothing to develop. But to exclude a bin would not either this bin to be blocked (but then it is always blocked), or to use a Badi.

"3. If  No Free empty bin is found, generic bin will be assigned to HU WT"

There is not really a standard strategy offering this functionality. It would be the easiest (and in my opionion also better) to have this bin in the next storage type. This way no development is necessary.

Ah, now I see, this is actually in the picking process. What is a "Split Area"?

Well, in that case... there is a huge list of Badis in customizing. If you can develop it, I would think you can also find the right one...

Brgds

Juergen