cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available-to-promise & Transport Management use different goods receiving hours from BP master data

tberner
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Since the beginning of the year, we have been using the embedded SAP Transportation Management System. We have implemented SAP Note 1763253 to consider the BP goods receiving hours instead of the calendar resource.

Now our SAP users complain that they have to maintain the goods receiving hours in two different tabs in the Business Partner. 

For the Available-to-promise check they have to maintain the goods receiving hours under business partner role ‘Customer’ tab ‘Customer: Unloading Points’.

tberner_1-1721899877896.png

For the Transportation Management System they have to maintain the goods receiving hours under role ‘General Business Partner’ tab ‘Control’. In thise area we have far more options than under 'Customer: Unloading Points'. Here, for example, we can maintain exceptions.

tberner_2-1721900610806.png

Is there a solution from SAP to ensure that the ATP and the TM work smoothly together? It is currently very unsatisfactory that different master data objects are used. Unfortunately, this leads to mistakes and problems in users day-to-day work.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello @tberner 

That is another point where TM is more embedded than integrated. I had a similar situation with SD routes and TM default routes - they have to be consistent to provide smooth integration between sales orders and TM planning. However they are completely independent settings and a custom report had to be developed. 

In my opinion your best bet is a custom enhancement to validate BP data or to synchronize SD and TM receiving hours. I would not count on having that delivered that in standard soon.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski