Supply Chain Management Blogs by Members
Learn about SAP SCM software from firsthand experiences of community members. Share your own post and join the conversation about supply chain management.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haribalakrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thought of sharing my understanding on the config field value "Inspection Setup Origin" defined under SCM Extended Warehouse Management-> Extended Warehouse Management -> Cross-Process Settings-> Quality Management ->Basics->Warehouse-Dependent Activation of Inspection Object Type

This field decides the Inspection setup origin is either taken from

• Material Master Quality view inspection type definition

• from Inspection rule maintained using (/SCWM/QRSETUP)

Note: Above fields under "Arguments - Inspection Type Detailed Data" are only shown when the origin in respective Warehouse is choose as "I -From Inspection rule"

Effect of choosing a value in this Setting:

If Insp.Setup.Origin is choosen as " From Material Master"

• When an Inspection lot is created,highlighted values in screen shot-3 are considered from Inspection type set up in Material master quality Management view

• Also in the display of inspection lot data tab "Data for Lot Origin" this is reflected as shown below

• We need to additionally define a generic inspection rule. If we miss to define this, then when we try to post GR in EWM for a non-Quality inspected material, system throws an error "Insp.lot setup from matl master; at least one active insp.rule reqd & Message no. /SCWM/QINSP_S4001"

If Insp.Setup.Origin is choosen as " I From Inspection Rule"

• When an Inspection lot is created,highlighted values in screen shot-3 are considered from Inspection rule and the values maintained in quality of material master become redundant.

• Also in the display of inspection lot data tab "Data for Lot Origin" this is reflected as shown below

SAP's recommendation for this field value is:

It is recommended to maintain the orgin as "From Material Master"

If we have De-central EWM connected to S4 HANA & S4HANA Embedded EWM and if we want to use the same inspection type settings for a given material in both the EWM instances.

It is recommended to maintain the orgin as "From Material Master"

If we run SAP S/4HANA EWM and have no plans to connect another SAP EWM system to this S/4HANA installation, then we opt for the inspection lot setup to originate from the inspection rule. This means that the inspection rule is the unique place to maintain your inspection lot setup data. Furthermore, you maintain inspection lot setup data not only on single material level but also for material groups by using quality inspection groups.

1 Comment
0 Kudos
Hi Raghava,

I am using the customizing setting 'from inspection rule'. But when i create an inspection rule for doc type INB & a certain QI group, system automatically creates a generic inspection rule just for doc type INB. Due to this system is creating IL for products which are not Quality relevant. Any suggestions on how to control creation of generic inspection rule?
Labels in this area