Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP beginner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo i'm wirte for ask wich better way for beging to learn SAP,

Since i'm not a developer.

There is platform that i'll must donwload ?

and same tuttorial fo follow...

so thank you.

Regards

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heather / Diego,

Heather I have the same question as Diego. I'm a junior in college and recently started an internship in an all SAP IT dept. Thus far I've been working mostly with BOBJ/WebI, SolMan, and a little ABAP. Here's the thing that I find frustrating: for someone like me who has never had any kind of experience with SAP it becomes daunting at times to search through the site. There has been numerous times where I will arrive at a page read the content and ask myself what did I just read. Although my company provided training when I first started (it has been only a couple of months) I find that it is not necessary for someone who is starting from ground zero. Are there any recommended readings or books that takes a student from basic/fundamentals concepts of SAP and then branch off to its different modules? Thanks for your help in advance.

Joaquim Moraes

HDM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Joaquim,

First of all ... what a great opportunity you have at your internship! You're getting exposure to a wide variety of SAP products, which will be a great differentiator when you're ready to graduate and look for a job (when you're ready, please remember to post your resume on the SCN Career Center -- available on the 2nd navigation line @ top of page).

There are literally hundreds of books written about SAP software. Go to Amazon or your favorite online bookstore and do a search. Another great source is SAP Press books (sappress.com). I don't have a specific title in mind - but these are good places to start looking. I hope that others will add their thoughts to this discussion thread.

In terms of the site ... if you are digging through all the content across SCN, I agree that its a lot to get through. More than 1.8 million members contribute content to SCN, so there is a lot going on.

To learn some of the basics, I would once again recommend the University Alliances community (click the University Alliances tab at the top of each page). On the left navigation column you'll see the "library", and within it, "computer science / IT" and "Business Intelligence". Each library area has a "additional SAP content" that may be helpful to you. In the BI library, you can download BOBJ Crystal Reports and Crystal Xcelcius products to work with on your own. The "UA Classroom" will have ERP demos you can walk through - although there aren't any technical topics at the moment.

I would also encourage your to explore the "elearning" and "events" tab found on the 2nd navigation line on each page. There are a variety of ABAP and BusinessObjects webcasts that you can watch & learn at your own pace. On the events page, you'll see a section for webinars. Those are typically free and available to everyone. Sessions are likely quiet now that our TechEd events are happening, but it'll pick up again soon.

Good Luck!

Heather

HDM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Diego,

There are several resources for you to explore. With the University Alliances Community (UAC), checkout the "UA Classroom" as well as the library for your discipline / area of interest. The classroom will have video clips and pre-recorded demos. Each library page has a "additional SAP content" type section that has white papers, FAQ's, success stories, ROI studiens and a variety of other content that could be used either as teaching aids or as tools to help you learn about SAP.

If you're evaluating careers within the SAP ecosystem, the UA Career Rersource Center and the Student Union are also good places to spend some time.

Other resources for you would be the content within the BPX and BusinessObjects communities. Both are a wealth of informatin depending on your area of interest. Lastly, check out the content found on the "elearning" and "events" links on the 2nd navigation line. Both may have pod casts / webinars / other types of remote learning that may be of interest.

Best,

Heather