SAP Influencers Directory
Looking to find an expert in your area with the knowledge you need? Connect with them here by searching for SAP professionals and members of our SAP Influencer programs: SAP Champions and SAP Mentors!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

More about Damir in SAP Community

Damir Majer Circular.png

People_pictogram.png
Damir, tell us about yourself.
Who are you, what do you like to do, what is important to you?

During my computer science studies I recognized my talent in this area. This talent was intensively promoted by many happy circumstances in the following years. The stations I would like to emphasize are the jobs at KPMG and isacon. Here I received individual support in Form of one-to-one-coaching over the years which catapulted me to a different level as a Technology Consultant.

Desktop_pictogram.png
What is your area of expertise?
What does a usual day at work look like for you?

With a focus on ABAP, I would never claim to be an expert in any field… There is an Japanese Mindset / Approach its called Ikigai. A too short translation would be “a reason to jump out of bed each morning”. My Ikigai is related to quality or craftmanship and to connect dots together. I´m still on the way to find out what is the meaning of High Software Quality and an appropriate application of it.

My first program I have written 1990. As a professional Software Engineer I realized that only focusing on some topics restricted me somehow. I decided to extend my knowledge in Software-Testing and Software-Architecture. This enabled me to improve as an (ABAP) Software Engineer. Through this journey, I´ve managed to look in other Programming Languages. The most ones that influenced my knowledge were LISP, Smalltalk especially Pharo, and Java. Always I´ve been looking for making results on a higher quality level. But on topic got me catched and influenced me most of all other things. It´s the Clean Code Approach, which is also the fundament of the services that we provide within my company.

inspiration_pictogram.png
What inspired you to become an SAP Champion in SAP Community?

It was like a shock moment for me. I did not really believe that this would happen. After the first shock, it was and still is an honor to be chosen for this.

It is the possibility to get in touch with the Community. It opens many direct entrances to different groups. In particular, it is an immense support for the formats we implement to get more reach and visibility. I´d like to connect with people and to drive community, this helps me to be seen more from SAP interested People.

bullet_list_pictogram.png
How do you learn in SAP Community?
What is your daily/weekly routine in SAP Community?

For years, I've had discussions with individuals that we need more technology events in the SAP World. The discussions always ended in such a way that we said that this would have to be implemented, but nobody took action. Until one of my coaching clients liked the idea, and I think it was because they had already thought about it themselves. This was the case with the ABAP CodeRetreat format. Christian Drumm took part in the first one and I asked him if he would like to be active in this format. Since then we have done about 30 community formats. 2018 at SITMUC we got asked by Sascha Junkert and Johannes Konings if we like to support and setup a new Format, and Christian Drumm and Christian Günter agreed to build the Group for the abapGit Bunkai Format. It´s fun to share knowledge and the mentioned People have a mindset that resonates how I see Community work.

circles_pictogram.png
What is your suggestion to get the most out of SAP Community?

Just do it. Start asking questions, attend at the numerous events worldwide. Get in touch directly with the SAP Community. It´s one of the friendliest that exists around the IT Ecosystem…

Arrow_pictogramm_new.pngDamir's question to you:
The most important thing that matter is my family. We try to spent as much time as we can together . In the spare time I´m interested in Martial Arts, Chess and Japan. What about you?

Labels in this area
Top kudoed authors