SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPA - Single European Payment Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I am working for a client that want to use the new SEPA functionality in their new system.

I have a few questions for configuration SEPA in SAP FI-CA FI-CO:

How to activate the SEPA functionality in SAP?

Which parts of the customizing for the incoming electronic bankstatment in FI-CA and FI-CO are changed and which part stayed the same?

In the old situation FEBC, FF_5 and FPB7 are used to process the incoming bankstatment, which transactions will be used with SEPA?

How can we determine what kind of mutation revesal or payment it concerns? (this use to be a code that was returned per mutation, example: reversal insufficient funds).

In the Netherlands we used to use the CLIEOP03, including the FM for dynamicly determining the text for bankmutations (for direct debit, backpayemt to bank and backpayment to customers). In SEPA we are not able to use CLIEOP03 (I presume), but where does SEPA provide in, so we can keep the same functionality?

SEPA will use XML-format to exchange data, is there an interface that can process these XML-files?

These are a lot of questions regarding to SEPA. If somebody can help me with these questions, that would be very helpfull!

Kind regards,

Jeroen Kuijpers

Capgemini The Netherlands

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now also with my business account.

0 Kudos

Jeroen,

Before you start, read the information in http://www.sepanl.nl/. It will help you.

In SAP, SEPA would be a new payment method (for outgoing payments, mostly), that means you can just keep using CLIEOP3 or BTL91 without problems. SAP delivers two standard SEPA formats you could use, or copy them and create your customized format. they are SEPA_CT and SEPA_DD.

SEPA can be only used in EUR because it applies only to EU countries.

You use transactions obpm1, obpm2, obpm3, obpm4 and fbzp to customize it. To modify or review the layout of the format, you use transaction DMEE.

To start using it, your house bank/account must have an IBAN assigned and the vendor masterdata also, otherwise you'll get a dump message when trying. You could just use transaction F110 for the payment runs and FDTA to check the Data medium.

Succes!

Samira

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your solution. I'm in France and have the same problem.

I'll start testing steps tomorrow

Sylvie

0 Kudos

Hi,

The documentation of the SAP implementation of SEPA is attached to SAP note 1062489.

Please also check Sap note 1135499, 1305012 and 1418077.

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the specific questions you have regarding SEPA. Then perhaps i will be able to help me.

Regards,

Sam,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen, I'm  working on a SAP implenmentation project in Switzerland and I need to implenment SEPA because the house bank are in Netherland and Germany. I'm very interested in the format in netherland, do you use the CLIEOP3 or BTL91, or XML?  which payment method in NL will be used for the credit transfer?

Thank you. regards, Ling

0 Kudos

Hello Ling,

The SEPA xml formats SEPA_CT and SEPA_DD replace the Clieop03 one as of February 2014. BTL91 is still in use for non SEPA countries.

Regards,

Stephane