SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Grants Management - Grantee with Maintenance Orders

otunde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have Funds and Grants Management for Grantee implemented for our Client.

We use the combination of Cost Center and Order at the FI end to derive all necessary FM (Fund, Fund Center, Commitment Item) and GM ( Grant, Sponsored Program, Sponsored Class) account assignments for budget consumption.

We have issues with creating maintenance orders for assets. There is no field that we can use to put in the internal order since we are obviously using the same order field for maintenance orders. And we only have fields available for Commitment Item, Funds Center, Fund, Functional Area ( which we is not in use) and Grant in the FM account assignment box. Hence, we can not derive the sponsored program or input it directly in our account assignments, so we keep getting budget exceeded errors.

I would appreciate any information if I am missing anything in the GM integration setup or if there are

4 REPLIES 4

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is - do you have to specify the grants when you are charging the PM Order or can you use the grant order as a settlement object? In the past we have always specified the grant order as a settlement object on the PM Order.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

We have to specify the grant when charging the PM order, we do not use the grant order as a settlement object. We also do not use the account assignment in the asset master data.

0 Kudos

Mike,

This is only going to be possible if you create a rule that relates the PM order to GM master data objects and do not specify the grant order. There is no way to specify two real CO Objects (PM Order and Grant Order) simultaneously in the document.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Thanks Shyam, I realise that too. I am just looking for a way around of this problem