SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Refresh - SAP Builder Community Edition

JohnBallard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Help!!  Somebody smarter than me (I bet you're out there)...

I built an app that I successfully moved into Apple Testflight.  Now I can NOT do that again (trying to get it into the Apple Store).

In the SAP Build Apps preview on the iPhone, I click the Scan button, successfully reads a bar code, puts the barcode data into an app variable and then PREVIOUSLY the page would update based on the new app varaible data but NOW the page does not update AT ALL!  If I navigate to another page and then go back the page has updated.  I do not want to navigate back and forth.  The old version worked fine, but alas, AppGyver was easier than SAP Build Apps.

Anyone know what I need to do to get the page to update with the new AppData?

JohnBallard_0-1721692966525.png

6 REPLIES 6

RAHUL1221
Explorer
0 Kudos

hey,

well didn't understand your query correctly. Seems like there is issue with your logic as well as the update which you did.

could you explain in more detail by connecting me on linkedin:https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahulpillai200010/

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos

After I get results from an iPhone camera scan of a barcode, I save them in an App variable. I know this works because adding a toast shows me data from the barcode. 
There are many other components on that page that are bound to the App variable. Even though the App variable has changed, the page does not update with the  new content of the App variable. 
if I navigate away from the page then navigate right back the page is update with the content of the App variable as expected. 
I want the page to update immediately after a successful scan. 

0 Kudos

I think maybe i understood now what's the issue but still if this doesn't work let me know again.

Steps:

1. Bottom left open the tree > tap on page(the first component).

2. In the logic pane there would be some event like ON PAGE MOUNTED.

3. Connect this event to the app variable again in which you fetched results from the bar code.

Hopefully this should work (if it doesn't then try some other even like page refresh). logic can be made other way around to refresh page after every 5 seconds or so maybe.

Thanks,

Rahul 

0 Kudos

In my Logic Canvas, Core Navigation flow I have 'Open page' and 'Navigate back'. 

JohnBallard_1-1722263322331.png

I checked the documentation and there are other navigation items like 'Replace page' that would work for my application, however, I cannot find a way to use them.

https://help.sap.com/docs/build-apps/references/replace-page?q=navigation%20stack

JohnBallard_0-1722263185688.png

Anybody know what I need to do?

The other navigation flow functions had to be installed from the Marketplace.

0 Kudos

I had the same issue, and used this blog post to resolve it. It's infuriating that I had to rewrite several previously working logic flows because of this breaking change, and will likely have to rewrite them again when the issue causing the page not to reflect the proper app variables is resolved. This only happens exclusively after scanning a QR code by the way, so anyone trying to use the feature please be wary.