SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Updating Target API Level to 34 for Google Play Compliance

jesus77
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.

I recently received a notification from Google Play stating that my app must target API level 34 or higher by August 31, 2024, to comply with their new requirements. Currently, my target SDK is set to API level 33.

Here is the message from Google Play (translated from spanish):

*Google Play requires that apps target API level 34 or higher.

Update your target API level by August 31, 2024, to publish updates to your app. We have detected that your app targets an older version of Android. To provide users with a secure experience, Google Play requires all apps to meet the target API level requirements.

As of August 31, 2024, if your target API level is more than one year old compared to the latest Android release, you will not be able to update your app.*

Could someone guide me through the process of updating the target API level in SAP Build Apps? Any detailed steps, documentation, or best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

20 REPLIES 20

Folidol
Discoverer

Hi,

I also received the same message yesterday from Google Play.  Friends, please help.

Thqnk you...

meagan1
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi, have you had any luck with this??? - I have the same issue...

0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume this issue would impact everyone who exported their Apps through Appgyver and published in Google Play Store. Hope SAP App Builder would address the issue quickly...thank you..

aretesw
Discoverer
0 Kudos

same problem here

VagnerSE
Newcomer

I'm also having the same problem. I have been researching some solutions to update apk 33 to apk 34, I have been trying to use the apk tool program, but I have not been successful. I hope SAP can resolve this as soon as possible.

gerardonet63
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The same error here. Did you manage to fix it??

fairy
Explorer
0 Kudos

same thing here :(( I've been stalking this thread for a couple weeks now but it doesn't look like there's been any updates from SAP themselves (T_T) I had this same issue last year for updating to android 13 and eventually they updated the build runtimes and it worked out but I recommend getting a deadline extension on the google play developer account to be safe! 

ramg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all. Any news about this?

0 Kudos

haven't seen anything yet )):

Sololeveler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any update on this?

0 Kudos

still nothing 🙃

ramg
Explorer
0 Kudos

In two days, will be impossible to publish Android apps....

jesus77
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello! it seems that the issue is fixed, I have uploaded a new bundle and the target SDK is 34.

0 Kudos

woohoo!! Thanks for the update :^D

0 Kudos

I was still rejected due to SDK not being 34, in the build section for my app it says: 4.11.167(latest)
Is this not the case for you? Is setting the SDK version somewhere else in the app?4.11.167.png

0 Kudos

Hi, I don't know what might be the cause. I just created a new bundle (AAB) with the same runtime as yours and uploaded it to Google Play. The target SDK for me is 34.
It's true that my tests only consist of uploading the bundle. I haven't published any changes
Regards

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick reply. So the SDK update did work, I was seeing the message for other build types like Internal testing, Closed testing etc. I found this link - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50626453/cannot-remove-internal-test-track-build-from-google-pla... - on stackoverflow, if you go down to comment 13, you will see the fix i used to get rid of most of those SDK messages. Hope this helps. Thanks.

ramg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great news!. But ... no official communication from SAP... This could be a bug, not a feature ...

0 Kudos

this is how it worked out last year too :'')

xyneodrew
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Had the same issue - what I did is applied an extension from Google Play store so that my current builds won't be affected and will have more time to wait for SAP team to fix and apply new sdk.