cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox not working ("Failed to load notification items")

Jelena
Active Contributor

When going to Inbox, the page starts frantically refreshing itself with the message "Failed to load notification items..." Inbox appears empty, can't see the old notifications either.

Managed to catch a screenshot:

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

For me it's still working fine. I am assuming you have tried different browser? I use chrome.

Regards,

Svea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamira
Advisor
Advisor

Happy New Year everybody!

We deployed a fix for the loop issue today, so it's fine now.

Best,

Gabi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor

Just now I faced the same issue. When I opened Inbox, it automatically refreshed continuously 😄 😄

Then I tried F12 developer tools and found an failed api call in cosole with message

"This is not an April fool Joke" It refreshed one more time before I tried to take a screenshot 😄 😄 😄 and then it worked fine.

Update: I reproduced it successfully 😄 😄

Steps:

1. Open incognito mode

2. open activities.sap.com -> login

3. Immediately open inbox from the menu

4. it refreshes automatically, sometimes 4 or 5 times and sometimes it goes infinity loop.

5. I think it has nothing to do with that "apirl fool joke" message, it is funny though 😄 😄

Youtube link to reproduce

Jelena
Active Contributor

Hi Mahesh, there was some workaround posted in the question linked by Svea. It looks like if you start with people.sap.com and then navigate to Inbox (or another menu item) from there then it avoids the loop situation.

Thanks for taking time to investigate this!

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Jelena, I just learnt that this was already brought up by Baerbel Winkler and answered by Vlad: https://answers.sap.com/questions/12934706/bug-endless-loop-failed-to-load-inbox-unseen-count.html

Regards, Svea

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't find the first post because it's "answered", was searching for open questions. Thanks!

This is still happening. I thought it was a one-time glitch but now that I've closed the browser for a while and opened again I'm getting the same result. Hopefully this can be resolved permanently.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This finally stopped after closing and opening the browser. After re-opening, for some reason I was prompted for login twice and then got "failed to load" message again. But it turned out to be the final hurrah and it finally went away after the page refresh.

Not sure if this affects those who were out for the holidays. Rather weird...

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've tried clicking on everything in the profile with no success so far. Just getting the same seizure-inducing auto-refreshing with "failed to load <content type> messages".

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same problem this morning - on both my inbox and my profile page. It went away when I clicked on the "Reputation" link on the left of the screen.

-Dell

warren_angerstein3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There was a thread on this a short time ago. IIRC, the fix was to clear browser cache and try again.

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I reproduced it 😄 Youtube link to reproduce

It goes away after 3 or 4 time autorefresh, but sometimes it goes infinity loop.