Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fiori 8D problem solving for defect created in S/4 Hana using SAP QM

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello
I've just completed a migration from ECC to S/4 Hana. My QM manager need to manage a 8D report on Defects created in S/4 Hana with QM01 tarnsaction or similar. I know which Porblem solving 8D metodology is available only in FIORI using APP F2929. I can manage 8D procedure only for defects created directly in FIORI using Create defect Tile, but I'm not able to Process defects previously created on S/4 QM environment (QM01 or similar). Someone can suggest to me a solution ? Is it possible manage  8D Metodolgy in Fiori for defects created in S/4 QM too ?
Thank-you in advance for your help
Claudio  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HermanAlkemade
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

In S/4 HANA you can create Quality Notifications (transaction QM01) and Defects (app F2929).

You can transfer a defect to a Quality Notification item with app F2649 (Manage defects) by selecting the defect and clicking the 'Transfer defects to Notification' button.

You can transfer a defect to a problem solving document with app F2929 (Process defects) by selecting the defect and clicking the 'Start problem solving process' button.

As far as I know it is not possible to start the problem solving document out of a Quality Notification item.

See attached picture which shows your options. With this functionality the defect is you starting point (issue) which can be processed (small issues) and for more complex issues you could start two different process (QN or 8D). 

HermanAlkemade_0-1726236551726.png

greetings, Herman

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi
Thank-you very much for your reply.
I Thought the expalined is the standard procedure, but I would like undestand if is possible using APP F2929 for Defect created in SAP-QM (sap ECC or S/4).
It seems no possible, because It seems I can manage only Defects created directly with APP Fiori and later assigned to a QM Notification.
Can you tell me which Kind of Partner I've to customize for SAP QM Notification, to define 8D Team leader and 8D Team Member ?

Thanks again
Claudio