Did you mean: 

DGP3 data from DGE5

former_member355940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Need guidance

We are using DGE5 to fill our DGP3 data - Filling from Specification management

In our DGP3, we have a DG regulation for AIR apart from other regulations.

This data is maintained in the DG goods classification ( let's say - 1 ) which is under relationship tab of Real Sub.

Now let's say if I change the DG goods classification to 2 (which is not allowed for air) in my real sub and execute the DGE5, I am getting the below results.

Log from DGP7 -

Data record with material xxxxx and regulation ADR was saved

Data record with material xxxxx and regulation CFR_RAIL was saved

xxxxx……

Data record xxxx, IATA_C, 1A1 valid from 20180125 was deleted

Data record xxxx, IATA_C, 1B1 valid from 20180125 was deleted

Data record xxxx, IATA_C, 1H1 valid from 20180125 was deleted

xxxxxx…….

I checked the table DGTMD and the entry for IATA_C is still displayed without a DF indicator checked on but the entry is flagged in DGTPK.

Question - DGE5 don't delete or overwrite the data in DGP3, it creates new data! I can see in dangerous maste that we have 2 line item for ADR or CFR_RAIL ( valid date is a check) apart from IATA_C. Is this how a system should behave?

View Entire Topic
satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avitej,

Question - DGE5 don't delete or overwrite the data in DGP3, it creates new data! I can see in dangerous maste that we have 2 line item for ADR or CFR_RAIL ( valid date is a check) apart from IATA_C. Is this how a system should behave?

Yes, it is a standard behavior DGE5 don't delete any data it will update with the old data. you can create a custom program to change this behavior. With my present client we developed a custom program to get rid of old data.

Thanks

Satya