cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation Path - O-S-WA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I tried to change the standard  evaluation path WA-S-P (positions and persons with work areas) with O-S-WA (organizational units and positions with work areas) in the Customizing for Basic Data and Tools under Specify Environment Parameters.

WA-S-P is  the default value of the environment parameter WA_PATHID ,which controls which evaluation path is used in the function for relating work areas to objects in Organizational Management.

when i changed the environment parameter WA_PATHID with O-S-WA, and try to assign object to a work area its giving the error as "system couldn't determine a suitable object type.

I checked the evaluation path in OM its already maintained

OM.JPG

Please help me to rectify this error.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kamal

Thanks for the reply

I got the error (already posted in the orginal post)  when i changed the default settings as per  the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/57/bbf182f36911d4b6800004ac160be0/frameset.htm

In the link its mentioned that"If you want to change the default values, you must change the values for the environment parameters accordingly in Customizing for Basic Data and Tools under Specify Environment Parameters. See also the section “Environment Parameters for Industrial Hygiene and Safety” in the documentation for this IMG activity"

can you please give some more insight to the query considering the above statement .

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John,

I haven't changed this standard environment parameter WA_PATHID, any time.

what is the business requirement forcing you to change this particular environment parameter.

As per my understanding the existing profile WA-S-P, is more than sufficient. where i can capture the position and the person related to that work area.

O-S-WA may considering the organizational unit, in addition to the above.

If you think in functional way, work areas are the small fragments of the plant, need not to capture the the organizational unit again.

As I mentioned previously - This O-S-WA may useful when you are mapping persons to work areas (from HR master). I know there is a ways to map like that in PA20, by selecting the person > Organizational Assignment > Positions > work Area. I am not sure about the infotypes related to work areas.

Whereever, you are dealing with the environment parameters, the below message is default in SAP HELP. But it is not advisable to change ALL the default environment parameters.

"If you want to change the default values, you must change the values for the environment parameters accordingly in Customizing for Basic Data and Tools under Specify Environment Parameters. See also the section “Environment Parameters for Industrial Hygiene and Safety” in the documentation for this IMG activity"

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

WA-S-P is the default parameter for WA_PATHID.

No where it is mentioned that O-S-WA can be replaced with the WA-S-P.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/57/bbf182f36911d4b6800004ac160be0/frameset.htm

In the above link you can find the below objects, By seeing the physical structure itself ...you can differentiate both of them. WA-S-P deals from workarea towards > positions > persons.

and O-S-WA is dealing in the other way around. starting with organizational unit to positions and work areas.

WA-S-P: Work area -> positions -> persons

O-S-WA: Organizational unit -> positions -> work areas

Probably the O-S-WA could be the object used to load the data from HR master. where you have the option to select the person > organization unit > positions and work areas.

Function - C1I0_TCGENV_READ, which reads the environment parameter and come out with the output value - WA-S-P, from there it connects to multiple structures and integration with the SAP HR (person details).

By replacing WA-S-P with O-S-WA, system may end up with searching the object types with no values.

check from the business, whether the data loading must be considered the organizational unit. If yes, check for the options in HR side..... rather than replacing the environment parameters.

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found one more note, No. - 920768, which is related to your similar issue (incorrect plan variant when reading HR data). may helpful for you.

Regards

kamal