cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GTS Standard Customs Broker Interface Solution / Best Practice

harshal_desai
Explorer

Hello Expert,

I am looking for the SAP GTS linked Custom broker solution.

I went through the various blogs / std SAP documentations. But nowhere it is clear about the set process or best practices to introduce custom broker management. Looking at the current landscape that SAP has set on the process standardization, we were expecting certain standard plug-in or setup from captioned area.

We are on GTS11.SP16 looking for the new business process to explore broker management. However, not able to see how the Custom broker management will work nor its standard message type (if any!).

Though we could see the standard screen from SAP under - /SAPSLL/BRKR_MSE_RPT or other BAdi being referred for Impost or export /SAPSLL/IF_BADI_BRKR_MNTRG_IMP / Exp

Your guidance / suggestion will help to explore more on this topic and introduce best solution.

Thank you

Harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member215181
Active Contributor

Hi Harsha,

GTS offers two basic solutions for Broker enablement:

1. Broker-centric: the Broker initiates the Customs Declaration and sends back the data after successful clearance - that creates a replica declaration in GTS.
  2. Trader-centric: the Customs Declaration document is created in GTS (as standard) and sent to the Broker as an instruction. The Broker creates that declaration in his system, submits it to the Customs Authority, and returns the registration number & status information, which updates the declaration in GTS

Which of those would you plan to use?

Regards,
Dave

harshal_desai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Thank you for connect.
We do have internal SAP GTS, so were expecting to follow the second process (Trade-Centric) approach.
1. We can see that action profile for GB Broker management is present but we cannot find any message schema, communication process for the same. Do we need to create those and develop our own messages along with idocs or we have something already configured in Standard GTS for broker management?
2. Another reason for putting it across for Expert suggestion is due to an interesting request from Business, which I too believe logical, but not really sure its feasible in Standard SAP ecosystem.From Business / functional end we are exploring feasibility to use EU Broker process (but as of now for only import scenarios to own business entities as import for which GTS has already completed the Export declaration), Not sure, the Export to Import schema is part or Standard SAP / Broker managed.

Your , other's expert opinions will help in our analysis & process setup.

Thank you,

Harsha

former_member215181
Active Contributor

Hi Harsha,

I can't be certain as to what configuration settings are shipped as standard, but I hope you will be able to find Action Profiles BRT_CU_IM (Import) and BRT_CU_EX (Export). And if you go down to the Broker Enablement area (IMGpath: Customs Management > Integration with Customs Agents > Messages for Communication with Customs Agents), I hope you will also be able to see the associated message types, for sending the declaration data and receiving the results and Tax Statement (in the Import case). If necessary, check in Client 000 and copy the entries there.

Once you have the Messages, you will need to assign them to new Activity Sequences as usual.

Of course, you also need to create your Broker as a Business Partner (use Role 'SLLLCB').

As far as I know, GTS doesn't (yet?) support the conversion of your partner's Export Declaration to your Import Declaration. Instead, integration via the ERP feeder system is the usual way, whereby their Outbound Delivery initiates your Inbound Delivery. That may be achieved by standard ALE techniques.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave

harshal_desai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Thank you so much. This will definitely be a jump-start for me.

Prima-facie I checked, message are not in the system, will copy from client 000. Will check and update you.

Thank you

Harshal.

nrust
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

The information you've shared here is immensely helpful! I have a similar requirement where we're looking to repurpose the PDF versions of the commercial documents that are housed within the GTS customs declaration and package the information on those forms into an outbound XML feed we could send via PI to an outbound partner (i.e. a broker). It seems like, based on your comments, that standard GTS supports this type of endeavor, but we don't have in-house knowledge of how that would work. Is there a way to output the data from a customs declaration that could trigger the creation of an IDOC (similar to ECC outputs on PO's, OBD's, IBD's, etc.)? Is there any configuration that would need to be turned out to enable that functionality?

Thanks again for your help with this!

Nick

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harsha,

Also, SAP does use the 'iDoc' based incompletion checks for normal export/import process. So, if you want to do incompleteness checks, you must do on your own. And it much different that that the 'iDoc' based development.

There is development that needs to be done if want to do Customs Broker evaluations.

Regards, Dean.