cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS BPC Script Logic

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are editing a script that currently works that reads from a temp account and then writes by multiplying that account by a property stored in a dimension. For some reason when I try to pull in that property now we get a package error that says "Error in ProcessSQL: Input string was not in a correct format. The script will properly write to the tmp account but when I put in the REC statement:

*REC(FACTOR=FLD(Weeks.PGW_ACCR_days_TBD), Accountst="DLRS_ACCRUED")

it gives me that error. Any ideas? Thanks, Tracey

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

Can you check the property "PGW_ACCR_days_TBD" has correct values?

When copying code you can use the "code" button:

Like this ... 
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Interesting I checked the values and they have always been stored numbers in the weeks dimension and currently work with other scripts. The off-weeks of a pay-cycle were blank. So just to test out I put numeric values in all weeks (saves as text)...even put zeros for blanks. I then ran the script and it worked-it read the property. I just don't understand if they were working for other scripts why would I have to change them? Also, after I process the dimension, it saves everything as a text value anyway. I'm glad it wrote but I don't understand why this changed and if it would impact other things? I didn't even change this part of the script.

Thanks a lot, Tracey

*REC(FACTOR=FLD(Weeks.PG1_Accr_Days_TBD),ACCOUNTST="DLRS_ACCRUED")

View Entire Topic
cecilia_petersson2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

You have a dot (.) rather than a comma (,) between "_TBD)" and "Accountst".

/Cecilia