cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a asset class, is it possible to assign different depreciation key to different assets.

0 Kudos

i have created one asset class A and assigned x depreciation key. in that asset class i have created 100 assets. i have created another asset class B with y as depreciation key. now i want to change the depreciation key to 20 assets of asset class A from X to Y. How to do this. purpose is some of the assets of asset class A depreciation has been changed. now without creating new assets to the 20 assets, is it possible to change depreciation key in asset mast of asset class A.

View Entire Topic
sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @VENKATARAMAKRISHNA1 

it would be great if you could specify the system and version you are using: ECC or S/4HANA (New Asset Accounting) or S/4HANA with UPA (Intelligent Asset Accounting)

Ideally you should be able to use AS02 if you are using ECC to update the Depreciation key. However, please note that once your depreciation key is changed, the depreciation for open fiscal year will be recalculated.

Thanks & Best Regards

Sanil Bhandari

0 Kudos
we are using ecc 6.0 version.
avazquezb1975
Explorer
0 Kudos
You can change it on FB02 transaction but the system will recalculate the values of the modified fixed assets