cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast year into monthly by getting the 3 year monthly average BPC Logic Script

0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new to BPC and very limited knowledge of logic scripts

I have the following requirement:

"Distribute Forecast from year to Months based on recent 3 year monthly average based on cost center"

From a logic standpoint I think I have it figured out but I am not sure how to code it

1. Take the actuals for last 3 years.
  2. Calculate the rate of distribution for current Year -1 Jan,Feb,Mar ... Dec i.e. 10%,15%,10%....15% etc
  3. Store the values of each month for current Year -1
  4. Calculate the rate of distribution for current Year -2 Jan,Feb,Mar ... Dec i.e. 10%,15%,10%....15% etc
  5. Store the values of each month for current Year -2
  6. Calculate the rate of distribution for Year 1 Jan,Feb,Mar ... Dec i.e. 10%,15%,10%....15% etc
  7. Store the values of each month for current Year -3
  8. Calculate the average of Jan for previous 3 years, and other months and store the percent
  9. allocate the jan forecast amount and other months with their respective calculated values from step 8 dist percent.

For Dimensions I have CATEOGRY, TIME,DATASOURCE,SCENARIO,CC_WBS. cost center and wbs are linked.

This is the actual requirements

Ability to in year forecast at the year level. Planning system should perform a breakdown allocation to a period level using three year average to distribute to the period.The three year average is by cost center

I have put the screenshots of the solution in excel

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Category Members

ACTUALS for calculation

Storing in FORECAST

user is selecting the year the member value is ID 2015.00

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "user is selecting the year the member value is ID 2015.00"???

Please spend some time to provide CLEAR information!