Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Environment Deletion BPC 10.1

jbell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

In our quality system, we had an admin user inadvertently delete a BPC Environment from 'Manage Environments' in Web (they selected the wrong one); this led to us needing to carry out a DB restore to recover the deleted Environment.

Off the back of this, the question was raised as to what preventative measures could be put in place to prevent deletion of particular Environments. I am aware that the delete option is greyed out for the Environment you are currently connected to so this is one option.

I was wondering if there are any others that people use to safeguard the unwanted deletion of specific Environments? We can't lock the whole QA system for Environment deletions and the user needs the authorisations to enable them to delete Environments as part of their duties, so we can't remove the Manage Environments from them either.

I am aware that there is a confirmation prompt before deleting an Environment too, but I don't think it states the name of the Environment which is about to be deleted, so not ideal. Ideally the solution would be one which removes the risk of deletion altogether...

Thanks in advance for any responses.

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)