Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the datasources removed the filters and values in prompts in AFO

marites
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello to the community,

We are using AFO 2.18.19 and we're migrating to Grp Reporting 2308.  And we find that in order to resolve the error "Too much data requested...", we have to copy standard CDS views and datasources.   The only change is setting the maximum effort to UNLIMITED and everything else is the same. And this has worked but when changing to the new CDS view/datasource ZCCSMATRIXRPT10Q in AFO, we find that the inputs in the prompts are gone as well as the filters.   I can manually change the prompts and the variables but we have 100+ of reports.   In each report, there are an average of 12 worksheets and so updating the excel files are cumbersome.   

I'd like to ask the community if they have find themselves in similar situations where the datasources have to be changed.  And where they are able to resolve it in an efficient manner?  Because there will be situations in the future e.g. due to upgrade or the tables have been deprecated by SAP.  I was thinking either by putting a VBA in excel or putting a logic in the CDS views to recognise the old data definitions and map it to the new ones.  Appreciate all your help.

Kind regards,

Tess   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)