Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic concept of BPC package status

former_member399569
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I would like to understand the behaviour of the BPC package status.

We are in the midst of upgrading our BPC from 10.0 to 10.1.

In 10.0 (Production), we managed to run package with status Succeeded although the custom BAdI generated message with status E & I. In the log, I can see there is a few rejected line coming from the BAdI with status E.

But in 10.1 (Development), it does not work like that. We have copied same set of data like Production and the output log is similar for both systems after we ran the package. The only different is the package status returned Failed status.

Production (10.0): BAdI status = I & E, script logic status = ? I assume S, final status = Succeeded

Development (10.1): BAdI status = I & E, script logic status = ? I assume S, final status = Failed

So, I'm wondering is there any SPRO setting that we need to activate for the package status?

I understand if you will question me why I still need the final status as Succeeded although there are rejected lines from BAdI. This is their practise. They will download the log to see the status for each record and for them, all packages should return Success status.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member399569
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. I just got the answer after checking with OSS.

The logic to populate the package status is different between 10.0 and 10.1. You may refer to class CL_UJK_RUN_LOGIC (method EXECUTE_LGX) via Tcode SE24. Try find 'warning' word in the coding.

In 10.1, there are more validation and logic to update the warning status.

Example: If the BAdI returns message type I or W, the class will update the package status as Warning.

This answered my question on why in PRD (10.1), all packages have Success status although there is rejected record returned by BAdI. Compared to DEV (10.0), the status is Warning. It is because of 10.1 new logic.

Since my users want to have same status as PRD, then I have to change the message status in BAdI from I / E to S. Then class CL_UJK_RUN_LOGIC will update the pacakage status as Succeeded.

Thanks anyway.. have a nice day!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi sumaiya.zaidj,

Logic for decide package status should be connsistent between 10.0 and 10.1 if there is no other reason caused difference, I would recommend you to raise a ticket to SAP.

Best regards, William

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Number of SAP notes exist that changed this behavior.