Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP course for laterals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good evening.

I have around 17 yrs experience in IT industry. Need to understand which suitable SAP course will be more suitable and beneficial from the experience I carry. I have more exposure to banking and securities domain.

I didn't see any module linked to BFSI domain, so bit confused what modules will work out for it.

But from a technology perspective, I have shortlisted BASIS and HANA but reading the reviews and job opportunities for such courses it needs more administrative knowledge in OS, DB or in any application world. I have worked earlier on certain admin tasks in DB2 and mainframe zOS but not as a full time activity. I didn't chose ABAP as it more related to programming and not sure this age will be right to pick any such module. But anyways open for suggestions and inputs on any of the preferred courses.

Please let me know what will be the best or ideal SAP module suiting my experience.

Thanks

Shriram

1 REPLY 1

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is strange, that having 17 years in IT , you ask someone about the "best module" relevant to your experience

the best person knowing what you can/want is yourself (based on your experience).

if you still not sure which part of SAP would suit you

why do you think that you need SAP ?