Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Portal or HCM..???

Former Member
0 Kudos

All dear experts,

I am in a critical point of my life..I need your guidance on my SAP Career.

I got placed from college & joined a reputed company. I got trained for 3 months in ABAP. I worked in 1 upgradation project as a ABAPer for 6 months. After that I got trained in NWBC & ESS/MSS. Luckily I am in a Live HANA Implementation Project in onsite location. I got just 4 months of experience here.

I can't see a good career with NWBC alone.

So side by side I have the opportunity to learn either EP or HCM. I know HCM is vast, but still for a better career, what is best.? CAn anyone guide me on right path..??

Waiting for all your suggestions.

Regards,

Namsheed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namesheed,

First Choice - Why don't you consider SAP HANA as you have an implementation experience now.  SAP HANA is very hot in market compare to SAP EP and SAP HCM.

Second Choice - As you have technical knowledge, you have to check SAP EP instead of SAP HCM.  SAP ABAP'er doesn't have a restriction to work on multiple modules or multiple systems.  If you know different technologies then that would be a great advantage in future.

Regards

GGOPII

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namesheed,

First Choice - Why don't you consider SAP HANA as you have an implementation experience now.  SAP HANA is very hot in market compare to SAP EP and SAP HCM.

Second Choice - As you have technical knowledge, you have to check SAP EP instead of SAP HCM.  SAP ABAP'er doesn't have a restriction to work on multiple modules or multiple systems.  If you know different technologies then that would be a great advantage in future.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

I want to be a functional rather than a technical consultant because I am not that good in "Coding". Thats 1 of the reason I came to NWBC & ESS/MSS from ABAP.

Since HANA is also having lots of coding, I don't prefer to go with that.

And yes as you said I  choose EP. From the present scenario, do you know its scope in future + any documents or materials on the same.

Thanks a lot !

Namsheed

0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

SAP Enterprise Portal too involved functional and technical.  As of now I see most of the guys owned SAP EP are Technical consultants.  If you are still keen to move on to functional side then ideal choice would be SAP HCM as per my view.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Gopi,

Its not like I don't like technical. But coding part is bit difficult for me. In NWBC I have done lots of technical configurations in this project...there was no codings involved in that

So in Portal also is it like that. ?

And as I asked you earlier, the scope of EP in future + some documents or materials.

Regards,

Namsheed

0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

Scope of SAP EP is very good but only big global companies or mid global companies are implemented due to multiple SAP system integration or few systems into SAP EP one portal.

You can check help.sap.com and SCN, there are lot of wiki's, documents are available to learn quickly.

Regards

GGOPII