Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice in selecting career in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

This is regarding choosing the correct career in SAP. I recently got offers with 2 reputed MNCs. One on SAP ABAP development (on which I already have good experience), the other us on Job and batch monitoring in SAP ( which is totally new to me). I have been told that I would be taken as a fresher for the latter job, where I would be given training on job&batch monitoring.

Now, I am in a dilemma whether to continue on my SAP ABAP development experience or change course to job& batch monitoring(which also has a hint of ABAP) technology in SAP. I am not sure of the future of job & batch monitoring. All I know about it, is that it comes under SAP Administration, where I might have a chance to become an SAP admin in the future. Please let me know any information as to how these 2 jobs would be comparatively.

Any suggestions and advises are welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Samudrala Rakesh

Moved to SCN Careers.

Message was edited by: Venkat Gowrishankar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is Better you Opt for SAP-ABAP as you already have hands on Experience

There is a lot of scope for ABAP,Multiple specializations are possible for abap.

ABAP is the Root language for the SAP Development.

Shiva

2 REPLIES 2

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is Better you Opt for SAP-ABAP as you already have hands on Experience

There is a lot of scope for ABAP,Multiple specializations are possible for abap.

ABAP is the Root language for the SAP Development.

Shiva

0 Kudos

thank you for giving this valuable suggestion.