Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a abap.

kaviarasan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to move BASIS to ABAP. Is this correct 

4 REPLIES 4

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @kaviarasan ,

I think we need more details here. Can you explain what are are doing=

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@L_Skorwider - Any guesses what this individual may have been trying to do?  

L_Skorwider
Participant

Hi

I am from Basis and I like my area very much. And all its neighborhoods. But I always find it worthwhile to develop. Whether it's programming, security, or anything else. And yet ABAP is not that far from Basis. Both are technical and require logical thinking. 

I don't know what the reasons are for this change, but an ABAP developer with Basis knowledge, as well as a Basis consultant able to read ABAP code efficiently, just have it easier. And two professions in one hand, that's great at all. Just to be good at both.

And I think it also depends a bit on how good you feel at programming. Do you know any other languages and ABAP will be just another one, or are you going to start the adventure completely from scratch.

No one can tell you if this is correct. But I can tell you - go for it. See if it's for you, and what you learn will only be your profit. Even if you haven't programmed, just learning algorithmic thinking is a ton of fun. But don't abandon Basis, it's also a great place.

And if you want to learn - use AI. See how beautifully it can explain existing code snippets to you. It's a very patient teacher.

But it's also worth seeing how AI already handles programming in ABAP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtw2FSlSwHE
This is just the beginning. A great tool for programmers, but also a potential challenge.

LS

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@L_Skorwider - After you replied, it only now occured to me that this is about switching skill sets. 😄