Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,365 Comments

Hello, I'm Yoshieki from Perú

Actually, i'm working as cloud engineer in large migration projects also deploying infrastructure for SAP resources. I've knowledge in many cloud providers, now I want to complement with SAP specializations, get official certificate and focus my carrer in consulting.

Regards

magespawn
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am currently working for a MSP in South Africa as a Technical Manager.

A major section of the business is based around SAP and I would like to participate in this digital skills initiative, to better be able to serve the company and further my career.

A little while ago I was working as tourist guide taking people on game drives in to reserves in South Africa. Due to various reasons I decided to change my career to IT and I see SAP certification as the next step in that progression.

I will be doing the Provision and Administer Databases in SAP HANA Cloud, then moving on to Develop Advanced Extensions with SAP Cloud SDK and Onboarding with SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition.

Thank you for the opportunity to apply for this initiative and for your consideration of my application.

Looking forward to finding out the outcome of the application.

nuuyen_2510
Newcomer

Hi, my name is Huynh Kha. I ama a full-time SAP Consulta and an adaptive learner. I currently work in SD module and looking for opportunities to strengthen my digital skills to pursue a career with SAP. I am passionate about learning and development and SAP offers a variety of learning journeys and certification to fulfill my professional development. I look forward to participating in this initiative and hope that I can make an impact on learning for many organizations. 

bangvu
Newcomer

I'm erp product manager at Dicentral /True commmerce. I'm looking for opportunities to strengthen my erp skills to pursue a career in SAP . I am passionate about learning and development and SAP offers a variety of learning journeys and certification to fulfill my professional development. I look forward to participating in this initiative and hope that i make a positive impact at work and help facilitate a better company.

Thanks, 

Bang

myltt27
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano

I'm a student from International University.
I have just finished six months as internship,
I worked closely with the customers and partners as SAP Consultants role.
In my future role at SAP, I hope to have opportunity in learning how SAP makes the business
processes across all industries.  I can implement and manage a SAP project can be
complex and thus get expert knowledge and skills in order to be successful.

Please contact me at my gmail lethitramy100199@gmail.com

I have just graduated, I am an adaptive learner. I currently looking for opportunities to strengthen my digital skills to pursue a career with SAP. I am passionate about learning and development. SAP offers a variety of learning journeys and certification to fulfill my professional development. I look forward to participating in this initiative and hope that I can make an impact on learning for many organizations.

chinh
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I’m from Vietnam. The country isn’t within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. And I was born in 1981.

I graduated from University in 2003, then I worked as an internal SAP ERP system supporter in some manufacturing companies. But now, I need to start my career as an SAP consultant. However, I’m facing an obstacle in that I’m in my mid-life without SAP ERP implementation experience as well as an SAP certificate. To develop my career, I must get SAP certificates in the near future.

I identify myself as "people looking to switch their careers mid-life" in your categories who may have free certification attempt. I'd like to receive an attempt to take an exam for SAP certification. It would be helpful for my career. Please count me in. My email is chinhvh@gmail.com

Thank you very much,

swatibanka
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Swati Banka (Female , 37 Years) from India, I am a mother of 2 Kids ( 8 years daughter and 6 years son ) , post studies, I worked with Finance (Non IT) companies before I took break in 2012 to upbring my kids .

Now that they are little independent , I am starting my career and looking IT as a career option.

Got to know about this wonderful initiative by SAP from a relative , hence though of applying for the same to make career in SAP Analytical cloud.

Looking forword for your support and next step.

Thank you

Swati Banka

s.banka01@gmail.com

chanchann
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear, @David_Chaviano 

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn and broaden my knowledge.

I have completed the Explore Integrated Business Process in SAP S/4HANA learning journey. I have attached a screenshot of my completion certificate.

This course has been very beneficial, and I believe it will help me achieve my goals on the path to becoming a professional consultant.

I would like to receive an attempt to take exam for SAP certification.  Please confirm it.

Thank you so much.

IMG_8082.png

mandarkr
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as a person in the below categories:

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I have completed my first learning journey Implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition for Sourcing and Procurement and I awaiting my free certification attempt.

Thank you,

Mandark Rajpathak.

malcolmsdsouza
Newcomer

Hello David,

This is a good initiative that SAP has come up with. It will help people like me who are looking to switch their careers in their mid-life.

I work as a Security Consultant and would love to learn about SAP Security and it's GRC ecosystem.

Regards,

Malcolm

AbdurRehman
Newcomer

Hi,

My name is Abdur Rehman and I am 30 years old. I am pursuing my career in learning SAP in a consultancy for past two years. My core is Materials Management. I am wiling to further boost my skills and confidence. To help me achieve my goals faster I would like to do a certification in SAP S/4 Hana sourcing and procurement.

Please consider my application for the free attempt.

Thank you.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi all,

Invites sent out as of 1 Sept 2023. Sorry for the delay!

john_david
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

thank you for sending out the invites!

where get i can see it? 

lucasbarreto
Explorer
0 Kudos

@David_Chaviano , Hello!

I didn't receive the invitation 😞 

or not found

former_member158917
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I have completed my journey “Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA” and there is a proof below ( attached image).
So, I have completed step 4 and am waiting to receive a redemption code for my SAP certification attempt. Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
my email is hngocs.19022004@gmail.com Screenshot 2023-09-01 202319.png

Hana1993
Explorer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I identify myself as a woman.

I've completed the learning journey of Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA. I've already registered with my email:  shu.phan93@gmail.com and sent an email to digitalskills@sap.com to proceed to the next steps to receive the free certificate attempt. But I have not yet received the voucher, could you help to check it?

Hana1993_0-1693576562048.png

Hi @David_Chaviano  

I want to upskill myself in SAP technology to get a good job opportunity in the near future.

soonhia23
Discoverer

Hi David,

I have reviewed the guide and trying to follow the steps. Could you please guide me what screenshot do I need to post? Do I need to purchase my learning hub and complete the course there?

Thanks

Soonhia

cuongle3009
Newcomer

Hello David,

I am a 4th year student from Vietnam. I have studied data analytics and I want to become a SAP SAC Consultant in the near future.

So I'm very happy if I have the opportunity to take the SAP Analytics Cloud certification, it will give me more opportunities to start my SAP career.

Best regards,

Cuong Le.

surajdv
Discoverer

Hi David 

i have completed the learning for SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP Analytics Cloud: Planning and i think im quite ready for the exam 

Thank you so much to whole SAP learning group for the support

surajdv_0-1693653581228.png

thientran9403
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I am Thien - an information systems student from Vietnam. I really wanted to get a free SAP certification because I had opportunity to learn about SAP before and I wanted to learn even deeper by getting this free opportunity from SAP.

I am willing to improve the experiences I have learned from SAP and also want to spread this knowledge to my peers. If I have this opportunity, I really appreciate it.

Thanks and Regards.

chaserkie007
Newcomer

Hi,

I'm interested in participating in the digital skills initiative.

I think I do qualify for this amazing opportunity, as follow apply to me:

• People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
  • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I studied B Sc in IT and got my degree in 2005. In 2006 I was diagnosed with a tumor that left me disabled , but with my strong will I worked from 2007 to 2022 as Administrative IT Clerk. I then got remarried and relocated to a remote town called Glencoe in KwaZulu-Natal RSA,

I started studying at MichealManagement and Udemy to complete courses in SAP Fundamentals

and is now busy studying SAP BI Analytics ,almost complete.

I would be so Honored to considered for this program

harrydev
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Dear team support,
I’m Nguyen Thanh Nguyen, I’ve completed learning journey of Explore Integrated Business Process In SAP S/4HANA. I already registered with my email: ntnfit98@gmail.com, UserID P2007263727 , please let me know how to proceed the next step to receive the free certificate attempt. Thank you so much!

IMG_4988.png

Hii @David_Chaviano,

I'm Nguyen Dinh from Vietnam. Currently, it's crucial for us to enhance our awareness of the opportunities that SAP offers. Despite our high skill level, the prevailing economic crisis has hindered our ability to seize many opportunities. Personally, I've been unable to afford the certification fee and have been patiently saving for a year to accumulate the necessary funds for the S4 HANA PP certification.

If I'm fortunate enough to be selected, I will also motivate my friends who, to my knowledge, are eager to pursue careers in SAP but may require some encouragement to take the plunge. Together, we can contribute to your admirable initiative of providing free certification and making a positive impact.

cristianZar
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 
I would like to make a query. Can I complete any learning journey to get one of the free certification vouchers?
Or it has to be specifically one of the three learning journeys suggested in the email:
_Consultant - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition
_Developer – Building extensions
_Developer – Integrating systems
I am interested in completing the "Provision and Administer Databases in SAP HANA Cloud" learning journey so that I can then apply for the free exam and certify.

Thanks & Regards,
Cristian

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone - invites sent out as of 05 Sept!

@lucasbarreto - I believe you already got an invite, right?

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@soonhia23 - Complete a free learning journey on learning.sap.com ! It doesn't need to be on learning hub.

Send the screenshot of your completion to digitalskills@sap.com 

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Thanh Tra, a student at the University of Economics and Law

I am very much looking forward to the opportunity to study and take the exam to gain SAP certification. This determination comes not only from the need to serve the Business Analyst job in the future but also from the desire to learn and develop one's own knowledge. SAP is a world-leading business management system, and understanding it gives me an overview of business processes, data, and how they interact with each other.

Mastering knowledge of SAP will help me become a talented Business Analyst, capable of analyzing and improving business processes. This will bring great value to the company and at the same time help me develop my personal career.

Moreover, I am always curious and love to learn new knowledge. Participating in SAP training will open a new window to learn about new technologies and trends in the field of business management. I want to be a versatile professional, able to adapt to the constant changes in today's business world.

I am committed to studying and working hard to achieve SAP certification and use this knowledge to contribute to the success of the company and my personal growth. 

Thanks and regard

Tra     

mostafamohamed
Newcomer

I have successfully completed the Integrated Business Processes learning journey and am highly interested in the opportunities offered through this initiative.Integrated Businesss Processs In SAP.png

chanchann
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I sent you an email last Friday along with a screenshot showing that I've completed the course, but I haven't received a reply yet. Could you please check your email for me? My User ID is 156729

Thank you so much.

Thuan1601
Newcomer

Hello   @David_Chaviano ,
Thank you so much for this opportunity! I come from Vietnam, my name is Thanh Thuan, I come from a countryside where crops fail all year round due to constant natural disasters. I long to explore new horizons and set foot on new lands. I have always dreamed of becoming a SAP consultant. Ever since my freshman year of college, I've been participating in SAP Simulation Games competitions. And I'm quite interested in SAP. But I can't afford it because I can't afford the cost of certification. But I'm always looking for SAP learning material and keep learning about SAP.
I am willing to learn and will be happy to have opportunities that do not come twice. Thanks a lot

YVSNS_Sudheer
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity. I am a first gen college student from tier 3 place in India. I would like to change my track to SAP Analytics Cloud Planning. I have done all the hard work of reading SAP blogs and material on SAC Planning.

Please give me an opportunity to proceed further and become a SAP certified associate.

Thankyou so much,

Sai

Rajeshkumar1
Newcomer

Hello,

I am interested in participating  digital skills initiative by SAP.

Please send me a registration link to the initiative.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

maithienchi
Discoverer

Hi David,

I com from vietnam,

I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do.

I want to upskill and prepare for my acknowlege about SAP certiccate for work.

Thank you!

mtchi2019@gmail.com.png

aleshakj
Newcomer

Good Afternoon @David_Chaviano,

I am currently a resident in Philadelphia, PA looking to switch career fields.  Recognizing that SAP is globally accepted really gives me hope that I will be able to transfer skills from one line of business to this one.

I identify as a person in the following categories:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
  • Women
  • Single parents
  • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
  • First generation college students

I hope that you find me as a good fit for this program to obtain a free attempt at obtaining my certification.  I am willing to start this learning journey.  I have began studying these courses.

Below is my proof of completion, thank you!

aleshakj_1-1693945776774.png

thuytrang
Newcomer

Hi David_Chaviano,
I'm from Vietnam.
I'm an SAP SD Functional Consutant (ECC).
I want to upskill myself in SAP technology and to study SAP rigorously and get a new job opportunity.
I hope you will consider my application for the free certification in SAP S4 HANA.
Thanks a Lot!
Regards,

HaoDang
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

My name is Hao. I am a senior IT Project Manager. I love SAP. I am joining the "Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA" course and awaiting my certification attempt.

Regards,

Hao Dang

duongphan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I sent you an email last Friday along with a screenshot showing that I've completed the course, but I haven't received a reply yet. Could you please check your email for me? My email is ptduong207@gmail.com 

Thank you so much.

Harrydevnguyen
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I'm a SAP ABAP Developer from VietName. I've been working in SAP ABAP development for 2 years now. I identified as a person for this certification because I am a women, first generation college graduate in my family, People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts, Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location.

I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do. I know that the world of technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements.I am grateful for this opportunity and excited about the possibilities ahead. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt

behoaho
Discoverer

Dear Team Support, 

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the possibility of obtaining a voucher code for the SAP B1 certification exam.

As you may know, I have been working as a SAP B1 solution consultant for the past 4 years and have recently completed a short course at SAP Learning Hub. I believe that obtaining the certification will greatly enhance my career prospects and help me secure better job opportunities.

I would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with a voucher code that I can use to register for the certification exam. Your support in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration

ID: P2007264023
Mailing Address: behoaho6365@gmail.com
francoparodi
Discoverer
Hi @David_Chaviano  Thanks for your initianive and oportunity!  My name is Franco and I fall into below categories:
-People looking to switch their careers mid-life
-People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
-Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 

I will love to learn some of the powerfool tolls SAP has for the business world.

Thanks & regards.
phuongthuy16
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I'm a first generation college student. As a dedicated student committed to my educational and professional development, I'm interested in earning a free certification attempt.

Please contact me at my gmail: phuongthuy1622004@gmail.com 

I'm looking forward to your response.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

nfernandez87
Newcomer

Hi David,
Its great initiative by SAP, i would really appreciate if you can recognise me with my work and eagerness to learn more. I have been into CyberSecurity work, from last 12 years and been. A little over a year ago, I managed to create the Basis Security area in my company, achieving a team dedicated 100% to our ERP.
This opportunity will definitely aid me in up skilling myself and make me very much productive for the company.

Regards

Nahuel F.

majazshafi1580
Newcomer

Hello 

I classify myself under these three categories :

• Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location. 

I am an Internal Auditor having almost no knowledge about SAP, hopefully this opportunity would help me mastering some related areas in SAP.

Thanks for this great opportunity 

bumble88
Newcomer

Hi,

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the Digital Skills Initiative. I'm Nguyen from France, and I'm looking to switch careers in mid-life by upskilling myself with SAP. I'm excited about this initiative and am fully committed to obtaining SAP Certification while deepening my knowledge. Please provide guidance on the application process.

Thanks & Regards,

rrayosdelsol
Explorer

Interested. I sent an email, please reply. Thank You

88Viaju
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano, i'm working in supply chain since eleven years. I'm willing to switch to a new company / career and SAP would be a great advantage for me.

Thanks you for this opportunity.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Invites sent out as of 7 Sept 2023! Thanks everyone!

tuansap
Newcomer

I need the voucher to attemp the cerificate SAP .I complete the learning journey of SAP image.png