Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the KNVV table, I want to fill the Customer group field KVGR3 by XD02 transaction. But there is value table TVV3 for customer group3 field. i.e, KVGR3. But I want to enter value other than the ones in the value table TVV3. So, I have removed the value table for the data element KVGR3. But still, it is not accepting any new values. What should be done to remove the validation.

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

Srinivas,

Value table for KVGR3 field has been removed during the SPDD activity of our upgrade version project (4.0B to 4.7).

The values which I want to enter for Customer Group 3 field, I can maintain in TVV3 table. But the problem is I have to update the values with the ouput of some interface program. So, maintaining values in TVV3 table is not a one time activity, because as and when I get output from that interface, I have to update in TVV3 table first. So, one way to deal with this problem is to remove that check table for KVGR3 field. But in 4.0B version system, I have seen the Check table being maintained for KVGR3 field but still it is accepting values not maintained in the TVV3 table. I don't understand how it was achieved.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain what you meant by '<i>So, I have removed the value table for the data element KVGR3</i>'? How did you remove it? Did you do a system modification? Please don't do that. If you want to fill it with a different value, maintain the table TVV3 first and then use it. That is the correct way to do this.

Anyway your error is due the foreign key constraint(check table) not value table. If you remove the foreign key, then it will accept whatever you enter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu Priya,

I think the problem is in Maintenance of the table TVV3.

Solution:

1. Goto se11.

2. Give TVV3 in the table name field.

3. Goto the Delivary & Maintenance Tab.

4. Change the data browser/ table view maintenance value to "Data or Maintenance Allowed".

5. Then enter the values in the table.

6. Now it will insert the values.

Hope it helps.

Reward Points for useful answers.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

0 Kudos

Maheswaran,

Please do not suggest making system modifications. This is a SAP table and changing it will be considered a system repair and will not be needed.

Vishnu Priya,

I think TVV3 has a maintenance view(check V_TVV3 or try the patter TVV3) that can be maintained through SM30. This is actually a config task and see if the business person is going to enter it.

Srinivas

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu Priya!

You should better use the standard way to do this:

Maintain the values in customizing.

SPRO - Sales and Distribution - Master Data - Business Partners - Customers - Sales - Maintain Reserve Fields In Customer Master - Customer group 3.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

Srinivas,

Value table for KVGR3 field has been removed during the SPDD activity of our upgrade version project (4.0B to 4.7).

The values which I want to enter for Customer Group 3 field, I can maintain in TVV3 table. But the problem is I have to update the values with the ouput of some interface program. So, maintaining values in TVV3 table is not a one time activity, because as and when I get output from that interface, I have to update in TVV3 table first. So, one way to deal with this problem is to remove that check table for KVGR3 field. But in 4.0B version system, I have seen the Check table being maintained for KVGR3 field but still it is accepting values not maintained in the TVV3 table. I don't understand how it was achieved.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya

0 Kudos

I would not remove the value table in the data dictionary. It is considered a system modification and may cause problems in the future.

How are you populating (or trying to populate) the KVGR3 field in your interface program?

You might want to check the TVV3 table for the entry first. If it is in the table, you should be okay.

If it is not, add it into the V_TVV3 view. You can use transaction SM30 with a BDC. If you do not want to use a BDC, you could probably call function module VIEW_MAINTENANCE_SINGLE_ENTRY to add the one record. The function module will utilize the proper locks on the two tables involved.

I would avoid changing the integrity of the data dictionary by removing the value table.

Message was edited by: Norman Salter (spelling)

0 Kudos

OK, I looked at 47, there is check table TVV3 for KNVV-KVGR3 and search help is through H_TVV3.

In 46C, there is check table TVV3 and it also the value table.

So as long as the check table constraint is there, you cannot do anything.

It looks like you removed the value table by making a system modification, but what you need to do is not that, but you need to delete the check table. For that follow the steps:

Go to SE11 in change mode, enter KNVV for table name and click change.

Enter the system modification access key if prompted and once you are in, go to the field KVGR3. Put your cursor on it and click the foreign key icon above the table control. It is a small icon with a screw and an arrow pointing downwards in a slanted way. In the subsequent popup screen, press delete(trash can icon), save and activate your table.

I don't have access to 4.0B system, but if your values are accepted even if they are not in TVV3, then there is no foriegn key constraint then.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

But I still suggest to take the long route of maintaining them, rather than modifying the system.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is it possible to default Customer group 3, customer group 4 values in XD01 based on customer country.

I will maintain Customer country, Cust Group 3, Customer gruop 4 in a Z table.

Based on the customer country is it possible to populate cust grp 3, cust grp4.

I have tried with ZXF04U01 but this is working at the time of XD02 only not at the time of XD01.

Please suggest