Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I search the forums for the difference between the userexit and customer exit. But I dont have clear idea for that. What I know is

1) For userexit the exit is stored in the SAP namespace and for customer exit exit is stored in the customer namespace. Please clarify me if it is right or wrong?

2) for userexit we need a access key and for customer exit I think we dont need access key for implementing the exit. Please clarify me in this?

3) In customer exits like screen exit, menu exit, Function exit and Field exit which exit we need access key to implement?

<b>Points will be awarded</b>

Thanks in advance

Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it is not required..

Check this link implementing menu exits, screen exits & field exits.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw21c/helpdata/en/c8/19762743b111d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Naren

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) USEREXITs doesn't require project activation..ex..sales order user exits..Like USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in the include MV45AFZZ.

customer exits require a project and that project needs to be activated...Otherwise the code written in the exit will not be triggered..

2) Yes..Userexit require access key and for customer exit...access key is not required..

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Thanks for your quick reply. So we dont need a access key for screen exit, Field exit and also for menu exit? Please give me reply

Thanks in advance

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it is not required..

Check this link implementing menu exits, screen exits & field exits.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw21c/helpdata/en/c8/19762743b111d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Naren