Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit in CO-PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good morning.

We use the Industry specific solution AFS(Apparel and Footware Solution).

We have a requirement to concatenate Material or Product Number and dimension into a single filed using one of the

user exits for CO-PA.

I used the enhancement component COPA0005 and added the code to concatenate product number and dimension into product number field.

I want to test this user exit for Sales and Distribution data coming to CO-PA. So I created sales order and when I save the sales order the program is not stopping at the stop point I put in user exit code.

Can anyone tell me if I am using the correct enhancement component? If yes,how to stop the program at the user exit code in debugging mode?

Thanks,

Ashok.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Did you manage your project for the enhancement in CMOD, for the exit?

Try to manage a project for the your enhancement in CMOD transaction.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

are you sure that the process of creating the sales order and saving it will trigger the CO-PA part ? I notice that the User Exit will be called at some point during the execution of the FM COPA_DOCUMENT_PROJECT_START. And this FM doesn't seem to be getting called when the Sales Order is saved.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The enhancement you are using has to be encapsulated in a project and activate the project (in trx CMOD).

If you have not created the project then create it and assign the enhancement COPA0005 to it or if you have already created the project , then check whether the project is active.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

maybe your user-exit didn't stop because it runs in background mode. You have to activate background mode and system debug into the "Option" screen (button in debug mode) to debug this kind of code.

Rgd

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Your solution involves part configuration and part of development. Ask you function guy to create a ebhancement based derivation step for the field you want to populate with concatenated value for the concerned operating concern. The transaction code for this KEDR.

The source fields will be product and dimention and target field will be your field to be populated.

Then use enhancement COPA0001 , component EXIT_SAPLKEDRCOPA_001 to write your code. I hope it helps.