Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction PP01: eCATT issue with ABAP command SET PARAMETER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello eCATT experts,

when executing an eCATT script for transaction PP01 (Maintain Plan Data) there is the following issue:

in order to have the fields "Plan version" and "Object Type" already assigned with values, these parameters are set by SET PARAMETER commands in inline ABAP.

The code in the eCATT editor looks like this:

======================================

ABAP.

DATA lv_pop TYPE plvar VALUE '01'.

DATA lv_pot TYPE otype VALUE 'S'.

SET PARAMETER ID 'POP' FIELD lv_pop.

SET PARAMETER ID 'POT' FIELD lv_pot.

ENDABAP.

SAPGUI ( PP01_5009_STEP_1 ).

======================================

The issue now is that this doesn't seem to work:

when the SAPGUI command is executed the two fields are not filled with the values as desired.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks for your assitance and best regards,

Oliver

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Instead of using the ABAP .... ENDABAP i feel you directly hard code the value to the parameters.

You can declare the parameters in the parameter session with the coressponding parameter references so that the data type matches and then hard code the values befor the SAPGUI is called.

Once value is assigend with value parametrize in the SAPGUI command.

This should solve the problem i guess.

Thanks & Best regards,

Ajay

venkatesan_nagiah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oliver,

use following code instead of ABAP....ENDABAP:

%POP = '01'.

%POT = 'S'.

SAPGUI ( PP01_5009_STEP_1 ).

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesan,

thanks for your answer.

I tested with your suggestion but unfortunately this also doens't work.

Are there some special settings/... I have to set for your solution to work? For example in the SAPGUI recording or a special eCATT option/parameter?

Or maybe it is a problem with the two fields "Plan version" and "Object type" in the start screen of transaction PP01 which are not "normal" input fields but dropdown listboxes?

Thanks and regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I also checked the SET/GET parameter is not working with SAPGUI.

Instead, in the interface, there are Guielements. In each GuiElements, there is a node UserChangedState. In that, if you have modified that element while recording, you find a blue Arrow. In that there will be a value node. There you can give the any name. These parameter declare as variable in the parameter also give the default value whatever required.

Then just call SAPGUI. It will work.

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

The point here is because you have probably recorded changing the plan version and the object type via SAPGUI. Hence even if the user parameter IDs have been set up at the beginning of your coding, those two fields are still changed explicitly as the recording of changing the plan version and the object are there in the SAPGUI command afterwards. To solve the problem, as you have already recorded all screen elements into one command interface, I would suggest the following steps:

1. Right mouse click on the command interface which you have recorded, and choose Splitting At -> Dialog Step

2. Now your recorded SAPGUI command interface will be split into some interfaces. Please look for the command interfaces containing the part where changing the plan version and object type. Then please comment out those two parts.

At this time if you still have

%POP = '01'.

%POT = 'O'.

or the ABAP...ENDABAP command to set up the user parameters before your SAPGUI commands (as what you programmed originally), they should normally work correctly.

Kind Regards, Qian