Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus give me the solution to the following issue:

i have table x. I need a table maintenance generator for this table . but i need to resctrict the contents to be displayed in table maintenance generator ,with some selection query.

Thanks,

Haffer Vali Shaik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaffer,

Generate the table maintenance from the Data Dictionary. After that go from the screen of the Table maintenance via menu Environment->Modification->Events. Here you can specify you own piece of coding for all kinds of events, eg. 'Before saving the data in the database'.

Regards,

John.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can restrict by writing a selection query in maintenance generator Program.U have to customize the program as per your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaffer,

Generate the table maintenance from the Data Dictionary. After that go from the screen of the Table maintenance via menu Environment->Modification->Events. Here you can specify you own piece of coding for all kinds of events, eg. 'Before saving the data in the database'.

Regards,

John.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table maintenance will generate the Program, modify the program , by giving select options etc..

show the results accordingly..this way you can restrict.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto -> Table maintenence generator ->Environment -> Mlodification-> Events.

In the events you can call your own perform based on your reqmt(before creating an entry, before deleting,after deleting etc...);provided you have access to create events.

Regards,

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the trans SE54. Specify the Tbale name.

Now, GOTO>Environments>Events.

Provide necessary event in the first column and corresponding perform. You should have created this peform in the Function Group. Now depending up on your process you can filter the data and call this perform in appropriatre place.

Cheers,

Venkat Ramanan

Message was edited by: Venkat Ramanan Natarajan