Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Integration not functioning since upgrade to ADT 2.58

tom_buxton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I upgraded ADT in eclipse to version 2.58.0 yesterday. Since the upgrade, if I navigate to any object that requires SAP GUI integration to open or click the 'open SAP GUI' button or press ctrl-6, I'm taken to the SAP GUI logon screen with an error message 'Fill in all required entry fields'. All this worked prior to the upgrade and I've changed no settings. This happens for all projects and all systems.

Log in to the projects seems to be working otherwise as I can navigate around in the project explorer and open any objects that don't require the GUI integration.

Has something changed in the new version that may have stopped this from working? We use SNC on all our systems and, as I say, the connection settings have not been changed for any of the projects since the integration was working in the previous version I was using (2.54.8).

One observation I have made is that the language field doesn't appear to be copied over to the login correctly. The language is set to EN in the connection settings as in the following screenshot...

but when the SAP GUI integration attempts to log you in, you are left at a failed log in screen and the language field only shows E. Maybe there's some some translation function at work here which kicks in and changes the value from EN to E, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't normally see this screen as the SNC would normally skip straight past it...

Just for reference, the rest of the connection settings for this particular project are as follows...

and I'll repeat again that these are the known good working settings that I was happily using in ADT 2.54.8 and prior versions. Nothing has changed here and I'm getting the same issue in all my other projects too which connect to numerous different systems and have also not changed since the upgrade. I'll also reiterate that the log on to all these projects seems otherwise to be working allowing me to browse and open development objects in the eclipse based editors.

It's also probably worth noting that my SNC logon to these different systems via the SAP GUI Logon pad (using the same configuration settings) is also working fine.

I hope someone can shed light on what is going on here!

Cheers,

Tom Buxton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

this annoying problem is already resolved in the ADT development code line (2.59) and we are planning to deliver a patch for 2.58 shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Marco

4 REPLIES 4

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

this annoying problem is already resolved in the ADT development code line (2.59) and we are planning to deliver a patch for 2.58 shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Marco

0 Kudos

Thanks Marco, that's great news

Kind Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

on Friday we have released the related patch. Does it work for you?

Best Regards,

Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I've just downloaded the patch 2.58.1 and I can confirm that the SAP GUI Integration is now working perfectly again for me.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Tom