Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we check for the SAP Notes version.How do we upgrade an SAP Note.I have never worked on SAP Notes.Please guide me what the procedure will be.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you find an SAP note that exactly fits your error description first check if the note is valid for the SAP release (ECC version) that you are using. You can do that by going to the AFFECTED RELEASES menu. There check if the note is provided for your release. Then move on to " Correction delivered in Support Package " menu and you will find the Support package name, release and package name. Now, to check the version of the package name YOU have, go to any SAP transaction and goto system->status and there you will find a box called SAP SYSTEM DATA. in that just below the component version you will find the choose button. Click on it and you will find a list of packages that are installed on the system. There check the software component and highest support. If the note has a higher support package name than that in your systems highest support go ahead and implement that note.

For example, if i have a support package SAP_APPL and the highest support is SAPKH60009. But in the note if i find the same SAP_APPL and Package name (in " Correction delivered in Support Package " ) as SAPKH60010 (which is latest version than that i have on my own system), then that note can be applied to my system.

For more information on implementing an SAP note try this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1c/2cee3957f7cd55e10000000a114084/content.htm

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the link below:

http://service.sap.com/notes

Search the note that is suitable to you.

You can know how to search,once you open the http://service.sap.com/notes.

But To login ,It requires a SXXXXXXXXXX User ID.

Please talk to your Basis consultant or the system administrator for this ID of Service.sap.com.

To implement go to the transaction :SNOTE.

Regards,

Rama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you find an SAP note that exactly fits your error description first check if the note is valid for the SAP release (ECC version) that you are using. You can do that by going to the AFFECTED RELEASES menu. There check if the note is provided for your release. Then move on to " Correction delivered in Support Package " menu and you will find the Support package name, release and package name. Now, to check the version of the package name YOU have, go to any SAP transaction and goto system->status and there you will find a box called SAP SYSTEM DATA. in that just below the component version you will find the choose button. Click on it and you will find a list of packages that are installed on the system. There check the software component and highest support. If the note has a higher support package name than that in your systems highest support go ahead and implement that note.

For example, if i have a support package SAP_APPL and the highest support is SAPKH60009. But in the note if i find the same SAP_APPL and Package name (in " Correction delivered in Support Package " ) as SAPKH60010 (which is latest version than that i have on my own system), then that note can be applied to my system.

For more information on implementing an SAP note try this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1c/2cee3957f7cd55e10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for version check release once u open the note in service.sap.com u will find all the details

like from- to releases...etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

SAP Notes are applied through transaction SNOTE or also they can be applied manually.

SAP notes are available at SAP servic market place.they are mainly apllied for bugs fxing or if SAP has added some additional funtionality in the standard transaction.

The versions for which this SAP note is applicable is provided by SAP service market place itself.