Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI timeout session for an individual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning,

How do I change or create an individuals SAP GUI timeout session period. I have one user in Australia, who would like his profile session to expire after 4 hours. At the moment the system is setup to timeout after 1 hour.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I belive THis cant be set for one user  .THis depends on the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout , i belive this is currently set as 3600s(1 hr)  in your system

If you change this parameter this will be applicable to all users

DO you have multiple application servers , in that case you can change the value of rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter in one of the instance to 14400 sec(4 hrs) and ask user to login to that instance and carry out his work . But this means other users who login to that instance can also use the GUI session undisrupted for 4 hrs

This is a dynamic parameter(rdisp/gui_auto_logout ) and changes will reflect immediately

Regards,

Murali

2 REPLIES 2

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I belive THis cant be set for one user  .THis depends on the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout , i belive this is currently set as 3600s(1 hr)  in your system

If you change this parameter this will be applicable to all users

DO you have multiple application servers , in that case you can change the value of rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter in one of the instance to 14400 sec(4 hrs) and ask user to login to that instance and carry out his work . But this means other users who login to that instance can also use the GUI session undisrupted for 4 hrs

This is a dynamic parameter(rdisp/gui_auto_logout ) and changes will reflect immediately

Regards,

Murali

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

workaround if you wnat to check only that one user:

create a report which checks regularly for the logon of that user (usr02), compare with actual time and kick out the user if time is expired.

Schedule the report in an apropriate interval.

Not sure what your idea is behind this requirement...

b.rgds, Bernhard