Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any FM for modifying data base table from a report program

with out useing MODIFY ststement

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N Naresh,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question very much. Do you mean update the contents of a table? Or changing the structure?

In the first case, you should use UPDATE statements. In the second case, some ALTER TABLE encapsulated into an EXEC SQL statement.

Please answer back with further info. Best regards,

Alvaro

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N Naresh,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question very much. Do you mean update the contents of a table? Or changing the structure?

In the first case, you should use UPDATE statements. In the second case, some ALTER TABLE encapsulated into an EXEC SQL statement.

Please answer back with further info. Best regards,

Alvaro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its very important to state whether you mean standard SAP delivered tables or custom tables created by yourself. If it is a standard SAP table then yuo should be trying to find a BAPI or normal function module to update the data and failing that a BDC - you should not be directly updating the table in ABAP.

If it is a custom table you have created then it is just as good to use a direct update. Of course, you could create your own BAPI that updates the table and performs any updates to other linked tables as necessary - this will depend on your business requirements.

Gareth.

0 Kudos

i want to update the standard database table from the report program

with out useing modify statement

0 Kudos

Hi,

You really shouldn't be updating a standard SAP table - this is something you should never do unless you are updating custom fields in an appended structure on a standard table. And even then it should only be done carefully!

What table is it, as someone may be able to recommend a function module that you can use?

Gareth.