Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to disable "Release" option under Edit->Status->"RELEASE" in CJ01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want to disable "Release" option under Edit->Status->"RELEASE" in CJ01. Please help me to identify the exact object for this. I did took the trace and captured C_PRPS_* objects, but these were not helping me to disable "Release" option.

Please suggest/help.

Thanks & Regards

Anil

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can do it via Status. tcode OK02. Create status, select Object-WBS element, thendouble click on,New enteries ,and tick Release-Forbided

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Does B_USERSTAT authorization object controls this? I remember once we had an issue where B_USERSTAT is not maintained and the user was not able to release.

I hope this way, we can restrict in the specific role, not at the global level. Correct me if my views are wrong.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi, yes,may be, but status profile you can assign to WBS,network, and project.

In this case you can exclude some WBS,projects from forbidden operation via master data

So it's functionality more flexible.

But if required to restrict SOME users to release then it's better to do it via authorization

Edited by: alex ice on Dec 3, 2010 4:16 PM

0 Kudos

Alex,

I am not able to follow the options you mentioned in OK02. I was able to create a Status Profile but could not select WBS-Project. Do u mean to say that we need to include some WBS / Project under a status and then look for options to forbid the same. Kindly elaborate.

(Or)

Is there any way to forbid this in CJ02 itself - like any particular object related to activity for "release" which we may not assign to user.

Awaiting your inputs eagerly,

Anil

0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple solution is to restrict at authorization object B_USERSTAT. Try to restrict at this level.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

hi,

"but could not select WBS-Project"-why?

"mean to say that we need to include some WBS / Project under a status and then look for options to forbid the same" you need to chose which objects can use this status.(in your case it's wbs element)

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you can't find a standard way of restricting this operation then there is BADI WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE which can be used to perform additional checks when updating WBS element. So you should be able to check if user has authorization to release WBS. But try to find standard way first.

Cheers

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In order to release user require below authorization combination

Object : C_PROJ_PRC, C_PROJ_VNR, C_PROJ_KOK

Field : PS_ACTVT - 01 activity

Remove 01 value from above mentioned field for any one of above mention object will ensure NO authorization to release.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you share how did you resolve this? Thanks!

regards,

Grace