Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I map T162S-FAUS1 and FAUS2 values to their respective fields

former_member600549
Participant

You can customize field selection for services using ML90. This uses view V_T162S.

I need a way to know which field corresponds to each position in this string. I need to be able to map the field to its corresponding values in that string.

Is there a table that will tell me which position each field is in so I can 'decode' the strings for FAUS1 and FAUS2? Is there a function module I should use instead?

EDIT:

The reason I'm doing this is that there are service fields that are configured to be required/hidden in the iw32 external tab. These are set via transaction ml90. I am trying to write a rfc that will return each field with their current configuration.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member600549
Participant
0 Kudos

I see tables

Should be able to get the mappins to FAUS1 and FAUS2 this way I think.

EDIT:

I've found that In table T162F, the field FAUNR (Field selection: column number) represents which position of the string (FAUS1/FAUS2) is for which screen field. But T162F we only see the description of the field and it's keyed on language.

I need to link this FAUNR to the actual screen field. I have not found a clear way to do this yet.

I am looking at table T162V which screen fieldnames but it is not obvious how to these two tables relate to each other.

0 Kudos

hello
Do you know where I can see which field represents each position in the chain, in the FAUSW of table T156B?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at table TMODU, select with fields selection name and number to get table and field name.

dgnicolas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all

I think i found a way to map table T162 with the field labels but i'm stuck with the table indicator nr (see under) - but already a first step forward

table T162Y: Groups: Field Selection  ==> extract to excel

dgnicolas_0-1715854618214.png

Table T162X: Description of Field Groups from T162/T162K ==> extract to excel

dgnicolas_1-1715854803620.png

For each line you will have a position nr and a group nr. There's also a table indicator (1,2 or3) nr to take into account later on.

so exemple: field label "Plant" belongs to group '01' - group 01 in table T162Y is from selection group 'Basic Data, Item'

dgnicolas_2-1715855352425.png

and is the first position from FAUST1

dgnicolas_3-1715855547901.png

Extract T162 data to excel, this must be done correctly meaning that you will have 5 types of characters:

-  .  *  +  and a space

dgnicolas_4-1715856310539.png

From sheet1 copy column with field keys and FAUST1 to new sheet, paste

go to first free cell next to values and apply excel formula: =MID(E1;SEQUENCE(1;LEN(E1));1)

E1 =  cell containing the data

copy FAUST2 on the right of last column and proceed the same way with the excel formula.

do the same for the other columns

the excel formula will split the value and put each character in a separate column

dgnicolas_5-1715856909719.png

give a sequence number to each column, not to the faust columns if you didn't delete them,

Notice that if a field from table T162 is empty you will have an error #Calc!, that's ok

with vlookup formula lookup the sequence nr you added in table T162X and apply for each sequence nr.

You will get the field label for each position. 

My issue: 

There's  'table indicator nr'  in T162X. (FAUTB) with value 1 - 2 - 3.

That indicator can a same position but for another group and field label

eg:

table ind nr 1  - pos 01 - description: plant - grp 01: basic data, item

table ind nr 3  - pos 01 - description: supplier - grp 20: basic data

for indicator 2 no link created to a grp 

any help?

Kind regards

Nicolas