Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance IT0027

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP provides an option to have only 12 account lines in IT0027.

For a requirement where we need more than 12 different accounts as one of our resouce is being funded by 11 till now and next month he will have 2 more accounts added to him from where he receives funds.

So I need to enhance IT0027 from having 12 account lines to 25 account lines.

Did any one work on this kind of requirement earlier to this?

Any thoughts or clues are highly appreciated.

I also have a doubt on the pros and cons of increasing the size of the IT like this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regds,

Kiran

21 REPLIES 21

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I think you have to enhance it with PM01. Refer this [link|http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/enhance/enhance_infotype.htm].

Enhanceming any structure/table can have effects on dependant programs. I.e. when copying structures or updating internal tables of particular DDIC type, where some table fields become deep. It of course may lead to inconsistencies throughout the system. To avoid such situations, or at least decrease its occurence, SAP provides enhancement cathegory for table/structure. Check this setting for your infotype's table ( SE11->Extras->Enhacement cathegory ) and extend your infotype with new fields only of the allowed type. In non-Unicode programs it may lead to syntax and runtime errors, especially when type checks are concerned. In Unicode ones, using offset and lenght together with such sturcutres may cause the same. Anyhow, infotype enhacement (as in the link above) is derived from CI (Customizing include) which is predefined by some SAP programmer, therefore intended to such solutions. I believe that Append structures are more error-prone in this context.

Use trial and error approach and see how this may affect main programs using this infotype. Definetaly a good idea is to see where-used list and check (after enhancement) at least part of dependant objects/programs to ensure consistency is kept.

Good luck

Marcin

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that detailed explanation.

But in this case, You will find 12 rows in a sought of tabular column in IT0027.I will have to enhace this to contain 25 rows to make it possible to hold 25 different accounts.

So I want to know how do I do that?

Thanks once again for your explanation in performance point of view and your word supported my tought.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kiran,

Please use tcode PM01, enter IT0027 and create CI_Include to include your additional fields.

A Z program would be created - ZP00027 (10,20,30,40,50) similar to Module pool standard program.

You can write the logic for the fields there and hence u can create a new field which shall have 25 new line of account.

This should resolve ur issue.

Regards

Rohini.

0 Kudos

Hi Rohini Devi,

Thanks for the response. I do have an idea of the steps to enhance an IT. But this is not a new field am talking about. Please take a look into IT0027. You will find a table control with 12 columns. This is the limit set by SAP. I need to extend this upto 25 rows in the same table control .

Hope I put the requirement in a right way.

Thanks ,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as the rows in table control are concerned you can just add new ones with new entires pushbutton underneath it. I initially have 25 rows available for entering data. Is it what you mean? If so try simply adding new rows.

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

I did not find any push button to add new entries.

Can you please get into the info type and then guide me from there...

In the IT, there is a kind of table control to add the accounts. I meant those.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

As far as we are talking about IT0027 - Cost Distributions there are three buttons underneath table control

See this [screenshot|http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=it0027mp5.jpg].

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

I did check the system and am not able to add entries beyond 12.

I dont know how to attach the screen shot as you did and hence not able to...

Can you check the config or in the IT table, if the did any expansion for you to have those features to have more than 12 entries.

I am sure you have more than 12 grants in PA0027 table.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Regds,

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Feb 3, 2009 9:04 PM

0 Kudos

Ok then. What SAP version you are working on? Please check in System->Status

As for infotype configuration I checked and only what comes to my mind is this: Go to PM01->Go to->Screen control. Ensure you have [these setting|http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4637/pm01wm9.jpg] especially when it comes to relation Module pool -> screen -> alternative screen If not adjust them.

Also go to se80 type program MP002700 and see wheter you have screen 2500. This one also should be assingned as alternative screen in the above mentioned. At least I have such settings.

Try also inside the infotype and see you have such menu entry Distribution list-> Insert, Update, Delete . This probably works similar to the buttons you are missing.

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

I agree with Marcin. You can have upto 25 lines in that Table Control on 0027 as per the Std functionality. What version are you on? You can look up the code & notice that, this number is set @ 25 by a constant c_max_entries in the top include LRHCDTOP. If you are on ERP6, you can try enhancing the program LRHCDTOP & change the value of that constant.

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

I check all the settings you sent me and they are in place in our system.

We are on ECC 6.0.

The screen 2500 is existing the module pool but I didnot know how to see if the screen is set as alternative screen. How do I do that.

I also tried to use the distribution list to append more rows but still no Luck

Any more clues please...

Thanks,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I checked the value of c_max_entries in LRHCDTOP and its already 25.

So why am I having this issue.

Also I am curios to know, how is this include related to MP002700.

Thanks,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Did you/anyone by any chance change the P0027 feature? the decision value for the infotype screen control(ITBLD) should be '01'; looks like it is blank, in your case. Go to PE03 & edit the feature P0027 ie change the value to '01' if it is not and you will be able to see screen 2500 in PA30.

Beyond this, I don't have a clue.. your next bet would be to approach SAP via OSS.

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

None of us touched this prior to this issue and even now we still didnt make any changes as we are not sure what and where to change.

I follwed to PA03-> entered P0027(with Decision Tree button)-> and found the below :

TBLD Infotype Screen Control

01->01 as 1st child of the ITBLD tree

Otherwise->01 as second.

Any more clues please.

Thanks

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Feb 3, 2009 11:13 PM

0 Kudos

Here are my recent findings:

1. I found the below code in LRHCDTOP as part of snote 625213

• constants

CONSTANTS: c_max_entries LIKE sy-tabix VALUE '25',

• Since 4.70 in cost dist. 12 entries are possible "STFO625213

• c_max_entries_fm like sy-tabix value '8', "STFO625213

c_max_entries_fm LIKE sy-tabix VALUE '12', "STFO625213

and this c_max_entries_fm is passed to the table control on a condition below:

• set number of lines to be displayed

IF p_mode = c_mode_display.

DESCRIBE TABLE gt_distribution LINES distr-lines.

ELSE.

distr-lines = c_max_entries.

ENDIF.

IF p_fm_fund = c_true

OR p_fm_fctr = c_true

OR p_fm_farea = c_true

OR p_fm_grant = c_true.

distr-lines = c_max_entries_fm.

ENDIF.

2. I checked PA0027 table. Fields like Cost Center and all are having till 25. i.e KST01 till KST25. But the key Fund center, Fund, Functional Area, Grant are having only till 12. This makes some sense that IT0027 can incorporate only till 12 accounts . So if I can enhance this to have till 25, I guess, I can have the charm of success on this issue. But I dont know how do I do this.

Can you please guide me.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos

Why not raise an OSS message and ask SAP why the limitation is there?

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Am just trying to do my ground work before I approach them.

Any thoughts / clues on this issue please.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos

I think only SAP knows why SAP does what SAP does.

Rob

0 Kudos

I shall post a blog on this soon.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the point is that although the screen actually has space for 25 entries, it seems only to allow 10 to be used.

Is that correct?

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Yes, You are right. It is allowing us to have only 12 entries and there are 7 more rows which are disabled and preventing us to enter any recs there.

Thanks

Kiran