Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting structure from SPROXY

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created client proxy (service consumer) from external WSDL. Initially I created and deleted one. Looks like then not all structures were deleted.

When i am trying to create it again, i am getting a error message saying 'XYZ already exists'. I checked it is not being used anywhere else.

I found out that we can delete the structures manually using tcode 'SPROXY' when the structures created by proxies are not being used. But I am not able to delete them. Can anyone please suggest how to delete the structures created by proxies?

Without deleting these I am not able to create a new proxy.

Thanks in advance,

Karuna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the quick response. Yes, I am able to delete but for some reason this structure is not getting deleted. I am able to activate the proxy. When I am using this new proxy in the report it gives me syntax error and says 'XYZ already exists'. But the proxy is getting activated.

That's when I thought I will delete this structure and create the proxy again. But I am not able to delete the structure.

Thanks,

Karuna

10 REPLIES 10

former_member226239
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try deleting them from SE80?

I created the service consumer in SE80 and deleted the structures and service consumer successfully.

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the quick response. Yes, I am able to delete but for some reason this structure is not getting deleted. I am able to activate the proxy. When I am using this new proxy in the report it gives me syntax error and says 'XYZ already exists'. But the proxy is getting activated.

That's when I thought I will delete this structure and create the proxy again. But I am not able to delete the structure.

Thanks,

Karuna

0 Kudos

Let me understand it clearly, now in your system you have an old structure and a new proxy as well am I right?

If yes, first make sure that you are not using the Structure and consumer proxy in your code. Then delete the proxy First and then the structure. If you delete proxy first from SE80 system will ask you to delete the associated structures as well then go ahead and delete the structures.

0 Kudos

Yes. Currently I am having old structure and new proxy.

I did as you mentioned.

- I commented my code wherever the structure/proxy was being used.

- Deleted the proxy and said 'Yes' when it asked me to delete the associated structures.

Result:

- It did delete the proxy and all the other associated structures except this one.

This is the error message I am getting:

Proxy Object TABL 'XYZ" not deleted (used elsewhere/other namespace)

I did the where used on this, it is not being used anywhere.

Thanks for trying to help me out,

Karuna

0 Kudos

Oh ok. Now, delete that structure from SE80 and let me know what happens.

You can expand the "Data Types" node under "Enterprise Services" and see whether there are any other structures. Try deleting all the structures (you can use Ctrl to select multiple structures). Please be careful that you are not deleting structures which are used in other consumer proxies.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hmm.... interesting. I hope you are not doing this in testing client.

Last option... try deleting the table type first and then the structure.

0 Kudos

Did not work

0 Kudos

Can you please send the screen shot of the error message?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Was able to fix this issue. Sales force team have a new .WSDL with the required methods eliminating the unused ones. That fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Karuna