Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control PO output triggering based on changes made

sagar_pawar14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to control PO output type triggering when changes are made in several fields of PO. In current scenario, output is getting triggered everytime I made any changes to PO(this is fine and as per requirement).

But Now I want to restrict this output type triggering when the changes made to several field only (i.e Delivery time, date, header texts, PO quantity etc).

I have created a new requirement routine 9XX, and assigned to respective output type. Here by setting sy-subrc I can control output triggering of PO.

I thought of using FM 'ME_READ_CHANGES_EINKBELEG ' or 'CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ' in requirement routine to track the changes made to PO, but challenge here is PO changes are NOT yet stored at databases level. Changes(update) is in process and in between output type(requirement routine) is getting triggered.

So can you please help me in suggesting is there any BADI/Exit  I can use where I can find scope of changed PO data, where I can write my logic and pass a flag to requirement routine to control output. ?? or is there any other way to archive this requirement.

Thanks in advance

Sagar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member491621
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Bro,

You can use BADI me_process_po_cust along with the requirement routine to control PO output triggering based on the conditions you want.

Hope this helps!! (Revert back if it doesn't . Will help you out on the logic)

8 REPLIES 8

former_member491621
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Bro,

You can use BADI me_process_po_cust along with the requirement routine to control PO output triggering based on the conditions you want.

Hope this helps!! (Revert back if it doesn't . Will help you out on the logic)

0 Kudos

Dear Aniket,

Thanks for your reply.

I already tried using this badi me_process_po_cust, but only issue I am facing is

I am enable to track the header and item TEXTS changes by this badi.

Any other way/other badi exit where I can get this 'texts' scope also ?

Thanks

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar, there is much easier way without any development.

Use the transaction OMFS. Maintain the tables/fields for which change should trigger an o/p. SAP should do the rest.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, seems in OMFS we can maintain the table name and respective field name and tick the 'change print relevant for Puchase order' check box to control print/output triggering.

But i doubt for header and item texts changes also we can control here. I will explore this and let you know for any issues. Furthermore if you have any inputs on how to maintain header and item texts in OMFS pls let me know.

Thanks

Sagar

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

I tried using OMFS and maintaining the respective fields to control PO output. Issue here i am getting is, Its controlling for all output types of PO. But I want it to control only for a specific output type.

Is there any way do archive this ??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Sagar

0 Kudos

For texts related changes, please read the note 512700

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Did you find a solution to control the output based on header/item texts changes on the PO?

We are sending PO outputs via email and when texts are changed, new outputs are sent but the PDF cannot be opened - seems that file is empty based on file size. I was hoping you can share inputs on this.

Thanks,

Cholen

0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Was this solved ?

Can you please share your solution/ approach.

Regards,

Divya