Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a module pool program. I have one table control. In the context menu it is using SAP standard menu (considering the new buttons I have added in my GUI status). Here I can use my own context menu. But I am unable to <b>ADD</b> my own menu to the SAP standard context menu (Starting with HELP...).

Can you please help me in this regard?

Thanks in advance,

Achirangshu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Achirangshu,

I did not quite understand what you mean by SAP Standard Context Menu. You have mentioned HELP, so is it the Standard Menu Bar that you're taling about ? there's a difference between a Context Menu and a Menu bar. System and Help are the SAP standard Menu bars which appear on all SAP screens. You cannot modify them.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Achirangshu,

I did not quite understand what you mean by SAP Standard Context Menu. You have mentioned HELP, so is it the Standard Menu Bar that you're taling about ? there's a difference between a Context Menu and a Menu bar. System and Help are the SAP standard Menu bars which appear on all SAP screens. You cannot modify them.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to mean that if you dont use you custom context menu, SAP creates a context menu using the items in the menu (custom menu + System + Help ) and buttons in the application tool bar (Custom GUI Status ). I want to add my own extra menu along with this menu.

e.g. I have three buttons in the application toolbar. POST, DELETE, INSERT . so my now my context menu is showing HELP POST DELETE INSERT SYSTEM. I want another two functions only at the context menu COPY PASTE.

If I am trying to use ADD_FUNCTION method then only COPY and PASTE is comming.

How can I include all.

0 Kudos

Hi Achirangshu,

when you create the GUI Status, you can have those buttons on the Application toolbar. This will get you those buttons on the context menu as well. You can then hide the buttons from the application toolbar.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

This is what the Help says - <i>The standard context menu contains all of the function keys to which functions are assigned. It therefore makes it easy to access any function code that is available using the keyboard, since normally only the most important are assigned to the application toolbar.</i>

0 Kudos

Hi Achirangshu,

when you create the GUI Status, you can have those buttons on the Application toolbar. This will get you those buttons on the context menu as well. You can then hide the buttons from the application toolbar.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

This solved the problem. Thanks for pointing out the otherway of thinking !!

Thanks again,

~Achirangshu