Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

BeX 7.0 encryption method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone know how I can determine the exact encryption method used in the BI/BW BeX 7.0 plugin utility. I have done considerable research and have not been able to find any info on this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can point me towards!

Howard

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the BeX utility is using HTTP(S) protocol for communication with application server. Hence it uses standard cipher suites from SSL. You can restrict a set of allowed cipher suites. Have a look at note 510007.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Martin!

Cheers,

Howard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to get specifics for the encryption method, if any, used with just the MS Excel BEx plugin.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not saying that this is the easiest way but you can get it from ICM trace. If I am right then your plugin uses service /default_host/sap/bw/BEx (transaction SICF) to communicate with SAP. You can go to transaction SMICM and set trace level to 3 - Full Trace with Buffers. Then you just need to connect from Excel to SAP and you should have similar lines in the trace for your connection.

List of cipher suites supported by client and server.

Server-configured Ciphersuites: "SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA:SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5:SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA:SS

Client-offered Ciphersuites: "SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA:SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA:SSL_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_

And later one line with current ciphersuite.

Current Cipher: SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA

Cheers