Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back ground job With Event Not able to run Multiple times.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

I  have created One Background job With After Event.

I am able to Trigger the Event with my Custom program. Then again with my background job Again with Custom Report with an Variant.

I am inserting the data into the Ztable. My problem is If i run the Fist time. Back ground job is Running and Saying that Job is finished In SM37

But i would like to run the Background job with multiple times. After raising the Event .  Background Jobs Status is saying Finished.
Please Have a look on below attached image. Nee Valuable suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create job under Job frequency with "Event periodic"

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know you cannot start a job multi times. You have to create a new one. But it's of course possible to run the same program with the same parameters multi times (via different jobs).

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create job under Job frequency with "Event periodic"

0 Kudos

Thank u closing the post.

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

i havent understood your requirement .. But i assume you would want the job to enter multiple entries into the table.

I suggest you put that multiple entries logic inside the program and then when the program runs as a job , Multiple entries will be created as desired.

If your requirement is to have the same job running after each interval, then you can set the job as a periodic job.

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by , you missed a checkbox while mentioning the scheduling parameters.

Please check that, and it will trigger repetitively.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Ok i will check it.

Former Member