Application Development Blog Posts
Learn and share on deeper, cross technology development topics such as integration and connectivity, automation, cloud extensibility, developing at scale, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor

Hello All ,

I would like to share a document with you all which is related to my recent work using SHD0.

This is a very familiar Tcode  used by both Technical and Functional Consultants but if its used correctly and appropriately am sure it can avoid many Enhancement and Modification developments.

I was not able to find any related documents about this here when I needed that's why I would like to take this opportunity to provide an informative content to our own SCN so that its helpful for all others.

Lets take a very general example of CO11N ( I was to work over this only ).

This tcode is used to confirm Production Order , Production Order indeed contains all BOM related materials required for a Particular Production. Now what happens sometimes end users use to delete or alter these BOM materials and in our company the requirement was to stop this at user ID level.

Usually while using SHD0 everyone use to create a ZTcode for using it , but we can do it without creating a Ztcode which I am going to explain.

Steps :

1. Tcode SHD0

Give the Transaction code for which you want to Create Transaction and Screen Variants eg . CO11N here

And Select the Standard Variants tab and Further Select Variant Groups tab.

Give a Group Name say ZSIJIN as given here :

You can see that within the Press of Enter System automatically generates the Transaction Variant ZSIJINCO11N ( System Concatenates Group Name + Transaction Code ).

Transaction Variant can contain many Screen Variants inside it.

With the Press of Create Button (F5) it will start simulating CO11N and with each processing , system will propose for Screen Variants to be created for each screen elements such as Buttons , Tool Bars , Menu functions , Sub Screens with fields.

Which will continue as below :

By clicking on the Menu Functions button here you can also Edit functionality of Menu Functions

The above screen variant is for the Pushbuttons of CO11N and you can see that I have done some settings . We will see their effects in the last.

You can see the above proposal gives whole description about that Screen element like Program name with screen number , if you have any confusion you can simulate the same using SE51 and confirm.

We will continue like this ,

This for making Order field mandatory with Material field Output only.

Now press Goods Movement , for further processing.

with the press of enter it will again continue in the same fashion ,

Here comes the ToolBar and you can see that I have set DELETE option to Output only.

And Here I have removed the change in Quantity option.

Now press Exit and Save ( when you get your things done ) option .

2. Assigning Users

Now with the Variant Group created initially ( ZSIJIN in this case ) we  can collect the Users for whom the Above Transaction and Screen Variant need to be applied.

Here we are now going to assign Users. And for this Users Transaction variant will come into action.

Don't forget to press Assign and Set Proposal Buttons.

3. Now lets see the overall effect. I have highlighted them.

Hope this will be helpful to many and is a worthy document

48 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Very Thanks Sijin ,

For this very valuable document.

Good job!

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasanna for your motivating words :smile: ,

BTW forgot to mention the below SAP Wiki link will also be very helpful :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/bf/ec07845db911d295ae0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sijin,

I would like to make tax code as a default value whenever a purchase order created. Can we achieve this through screen variant. If yes can you elaborate the steps?

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor

Hello Kishan ,

Yeah you can set a default tax code ,

Just see the below screen shot ,

Say for example here you want to set a Default date using Screen Variant .

Then first give the default value in the Contents column and after that check W. content ( With content) checkbox.

But instead I would like you to suggest   BADI with SET DATA technique for Tax Code field in me21n.

Reason being you can assign Tax Codes based on conditions ( for eg based on Purchase Order type ) if you use BADI whereas in case of SHD0 conditions cannot be specified.

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sijin,

Really a nice document . I have one doubt how can assign all user assignment in one shot.& can i  generate transport request & transport it to production.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep kumar praharaj 

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sijin,

Helpful document.

Jogeswara Rao K

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ,

As per my knowledge you can assign user ids one by one only.

Yeah you can generate transport requests and this is the proper way it should be done.

For generating request just press the Transport button ( Refer Screenshot 1 ).

And also check with your basis team that no one other than Basis Team members and ABAP Developers have the access of Tcode in Production Client.

Thanks for your appreciation .

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sijin,

Thanks for the answer. I have done the same. but i have one doubt at the time of saving i have generated a workbench request .

but after clicking over the truck button (Transport Button) it is generating the customizing Request why so just to gain some little clarity i asked this.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but after clicking over the truck button (Transport Button) it is generating the customizing Request why so just to gain some little clarity i asked this

:???: Am not able to recall the reason for this . I don't have system access right now.

While changing the variant in DEV client and at the time of saving the Workbench request you are getting , check the attributes inside it , probably you would able to see all the participating Screen variants and Transaction variant.

Get this request transported , it will do the purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Useful one...Thanks.

BR,

Naresh K.

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Its very good information thank you it will help us to make some settings in standard...

and its easy also.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grt Work sir.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

gud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for useful sharing.

Regards.

Phillip_Morgan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for this document. I know and have used SHD0 before but never saw I could assign to specific users. Very useful!

0 Kudos

Great Effort really....................

Regards,

Atul Saxena

vipul_fegade
0 Kudos

Nice sharing ....

Do we need to activate transaction variant in Each system ex. QA , PRD ? I created transaction Variant for PK05 and working well in Development server but after transport to QA T varaint is not working , status in QA shows inactive .......please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After testing only i can confirm the procedure.

Thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice writeup for SHD0.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Comprehensive Information  about SHD0.

Its indeed very useful and flexible.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very useful! Thank you so much for posting this it is really a great help. :smile:

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sijin Sij,

Very good and useful information.

praveen_kp
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Nice document..Very informative..Kudos Sijin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for useful information.

former_member194965
Active Participant

Hi Sijin,

Thanks alot. it gives us solution.

Regards,

E.Ananthachari.

Former Member
Hi Sijin,

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
vwa
DarcyMorse
Participant
0 Kudos
What client should this be done in?  In our development system, 100, and 200 doesn't have data, but 300 gives an error that changes to repository or cross-client customizing are not permitted.  Then there is also the issue where not all of our users are in our development system. 
Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In our development system, 100, and 200 doesn’t have data,

You would need data for saving Screen Variants.
Its just like BDC recordings.

Then there is also the issue where not all of our users are in our development system.

Users you can assign in Production Client.

0 Kudos

HI Sijin,

Thanks for the documentation.

Is it possible to restrict the F4 dropdown list? for example, in the screen shot, we would like to restrict for a set of personnel numbers.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.
Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

I don’t think it would be feasible for restricting F4 help results using SHD0.

Please try with “Search help exits” for achieving this.

Function Module “F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE” is a reference implementation of Search help Exit implementation.

Thanks,

Sijin

Former Member
Hi Sijin,

Many thanks for sharing information. It helped me on right time.

Cheers,

Dhananjay Mhetre
juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for this great document.

I want to make as display only the Batch field in the same CO11N transaction in the section Goods Movements, in fact same screen 0500 as you showed, but I can make it work, any ideas why, even I am marking the field as "Output Only"

Thanks
Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Julio,

I don't have SAP ECC access now.

Actually it should work, really clueless why its not working for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Sijin,

Thanks for the helpful document. Could you please help me with the below requirement.

I have created a Transaction Variant for TCode "IE01" and made reference equipment as mandatory but have to make it mandatory based only on selection of equipment category as "D" not for all.

Thanks.
Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Barkath,

Unfortunately these kind of conditional logic is where SHD0 fails.

You would need to go for Enhancements then.

Thanks,

Sijin
former_member430461
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello ..

Thanks for this document.. its very helpful..

But this variants are only for Dialog transactions.

I want to default variant for standard transaction of report like S_ALR_*

Can you please help me with this

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes this is for controlling Screen Elements (Dialog).

For the variants related to Report programs Selection Screens this won't be effective. And I clueless how we can set a default variant for Report program's Selection Screens.

May be someone else here can comment on the same.

Thanks,

Sijin
0 Kudos
Good Document.

One Requirement Is that can be meet in Transaction Variant and Screen Variant.Please suggest

Requirement: In CO11N confirmation there are 5 operations 0010,0020,0030,0040,0050 . Here

operation 10 conf qty=10 pcs

operation 20 conf qty <= or >= confirmed qty of operation 10 (example 9,10,11,12..) flexible

Operation 30 conf qty <= operation 20 conf qty

same condition of 30 for 40,50

Usually standard config will uniformly control for all operation. Here some specific to operation control needed

Thanks

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Prabakaran,

As mentioned by me in earlier comments such kind of conditional logic is where SHD0 fails.

For these kind of requirements we would need to go for Coding EXITS/Enhancements.

Thanks,

Sijin
giriaha
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Sijin ji,

could you please show me, how to hide entire "Item details " in Transaction code ME29N. we tried you flow you shown in blog...but i could not....

screen shot attached for your reference.
Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivom,

Can you tell precisely what error/issue you are facing.

It would be really difficult for me to do the entire process here in my client’s system for ME29N considering here nothing like this is needed.

Please put further details.

I think you might not have assigned properly to users.

And one important thing, you can clearly see that this SHD0 is used for setting screen element's properties and not for hiding entire screen ( if my understanding is correct, that is your requirement ).

Nowhere you can see any option like that to Hide entire screen/subscreen, you need to understand that this feature is for controlling screen element properties like setting a I/P field Editable/Output Only/Mandatory/Hard code a value etc.

Thanks,

Sijin

giriaha
Explorer
0 Kudos
thank you, i got the solution and achieved what i want.
0 Kudos
Dear Sigin,

Really nice document. while executing the steps getting following message. What would be the reason...

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
Choose the other cross-client for the landscape you logged in.

Thanks,

Sijin
Ram_Thakur_9999
Explorer
sijin.chandran

Thank You.

Sir I will try this one and I will Inform you.
soli98
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for your valuable document. But how we can choose right package for the Transaction Variant?
Mian2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You can use program RSHD_SET_GROUPS by se38 and  mass assign the user to user group.

Or you can type * in the SHD0 user field,it will come to this program also.

Mian2_0-1712655514650.png

Mian2_1-1712655608042.png