cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does Personas need to be installed on ECC system only or can it be installed on Fiori server and connect it to backend ECC and access it ?

Does Personas version 3 needs EHP7 ?

As per below link, looks like only Netweaver version 7.00 - 7.31, 7.40, 7.50 is required and enhancement pack is not a pre-requisite.

Pre- and post-installation Checklist - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

Please can someone confirm.

Thanks,

Ranjith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personas 3 need to be installed directly on the ECC backend system. It doesn't run as a "hub" system like Personas 2 does. So installing on your Fiori fronted server won't work (unless you want to simplify the screens in your Gateway system).

The backend requirements are all about NetWeaver versions. There are no direct dependencies on ERP versions, but ERP versions will determine NetWeaver versions so there are indirect dependencies. EHP7 requires NW7.40, for example.

Does that help?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick response. Please can you confirm whether we can install personas 3 on Ehp6 NW 7.31 SP7 and above. So can we use personas 2 like HUB installation same as Fiori Central HUb deployment and use personas in backend ECC as well?

Also below link gives steps to integrate personas transactions into Fiori launchpad. To achieve this, should we install personas in backend ECC and frontend gateway server as well or just in the backend ecc server?

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Img/Personas+3.0+and+Fiori+Launchpad

Thanks,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

The prerequisites say you can install it on such a system, yes. I've never done that personally - my first Personas 3 installation was on an EHP7/NW 7.40 system.

I wouldn't start looking at Personas 2 now, and especially I wouldn't start a hub based system now knowing the Personas 3 doesn't, and won't, support it in future.

You don't need Personas 3 installed on the gateway server to use it in the Fiori launchpad, only on the backend systems.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you. This clears the doubts we had. Appreciate your sincere support.

Thanks,
Ranjith

Answers (0)