Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver not running properly

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed NW 7.0 with EHP 1 SP1 on Linux and database is SAPDB.

Before installation i have set the OS level parameter and have created the users accordingly.

Now the installation is successful and the i can login into the new SAP AS server.

There are two problems:

1. The SAP AS server is running since its installation and when i try to stop the AS server by login as SIDADM, it shows command not found(Command is stopsap or sapstop both).

2. I started sgen in the the same system and after 23 % completion the system has hanged and it is not loggin in. Looks like the log area is full and as i cannot see the SAPDB manager on Linux there is not work around available and the command DBMCLI is also not working from any SAP os user.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,

Sharib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. The SAP AS server is running since its installation and when i try to stop the AS server by login as SIDADM, it shows command not found(Command is stopsap or sapstop both).

It seems your environment is hosed up (for some reason)... unfortunately it's difficult to help here without having the chance to look on the system.

> 2. I started sgen in the the same system and after 23 % completion the system has hanged and it is not loggin in. Looks like the log area is full and as i cannot see the SAPDB manager on Linux there is not work around available and the command DBMCLI is also not working from any SAP os user.

you have to first create a full database backup and then a log backup.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. I started sgen in the the same system and after 23 % completion the system has hanged and it is not loggin in. Looks like the log area is full and as i cannot see the SAPDB manager on Linux there is not work around available and the command DBMCLI is also not working from any SAP os user.

If you had auto-logging enabled in SAPDB(which would mean you had to have a complete backup) and your file system filled up during SGEN, it would have disabled auto-logging causing your logs to fill. In this case, free up space first on the file system and then you should be able to re-enable auto-logging which will in turn free up your log space(once written to the file system). The system should then become operational again.

Nelis