Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for moderator approval

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

I know that there are many discussions on the same topic. Though I have some questions about that. I have read the document . There I see a comment :

"Most new SCN members and members who have not yet contributed content are placed into a moderated group until they are active and complete a few missions."

I also see that:

"Can I see my content while it's waiting to be reviewed by a moderator?

No: you cannot see a list of your content awaiting review by an SCN moderator."

Now comes my question I have been active in SDN quite a long time, published a few blogs and documents and for the first time today I got this message while trying to create a blog:

"waiting for moderator approval"

I am not new, this is not the first time and I just think that I have completed a few missions

So why am I waiting for approval?

And comes the second question,

how can I still see my content awaiting approval?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Yasemin...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

There is unfortunately just one message to the user in case your content goes into moderation.

But there are more than one reason that content can go into moderation, e.g.

the obvious pre-moderation for Newbies as explained in the document.

And there are content filters in place to prevent that (potential) SPAM becomes visible.

As you are far above the Newbie threshold it must be a word or sentence in your blog that was used in spam attacks.

Of course it is not possible to tell you this word.

The rest what is explained in the FAQ is then again valid for all moderated content, it takes some time to to review and approve, in some spaces quicker than in others, depending on the presence of the moderator.

You will receive a notification when the content got approved/not approved 

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is really dis-motivating to face such a situation. I really would like to know the reason.

The blog was about a subject that I frequently faced as a question on these days. I hope the moderation phase will not take long

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It happens to my own replies too.

But if you would see all the spam then you could understand this measure. All regular posts would be unrecognized and undiscoverable in the mass of spam posts.

2 of 4 moderators in the BEX space were online earlier today, so it shouldn't take long (except they are already gone into a long weekend)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your case, Yasemin, it is almost certainly some "trigger" word that you used innocently. Once a space moderator looks at your blog, they'll almost certainly approve it. It's a hassle, without question, and if you're lucky they might tell you in secret what the "offending" word was (with promises extracted to never reveal it!).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A moderator does not see the "offending" word. This is a secret kept by a few SCN admins from SAP. But if one was involved in fighting spam  and has almost every 3rd post in a space going into moderation then it might be possible to identify patterns.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ,

All your content has cleared moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience but please understand that SCN is doing everything possible to avoid repeat situations where the community is suddenly flooded with hundreds of posts completely unrelated to any of the community's topics.

Jason

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yasemin,

Jürgen is right. We generally approve during the same day. We know that you are one of our top contributors and we don't want to lose your good work.

If, for some reason, it is taking too long to approve your content, let me know. I can pass my direct e-mail and you can contact me when necessary.

Best Regards,

Edward John

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

I would really appreciate that

I was somehow in a hurry because in a thread, I gave a promise that I would publish it that day. Waiting for approval made me nervous about my promise.

thanks for your interest and attention.

Regards

Yasemin...

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks to all of you.I got my answers and the issue is solved

Regards

Yasemin...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseman,

At which forum you posted a blog/doc?

Thanks

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

It is in BEx space.

thanks...

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Requesting Bex space moderators Edward John, Pravender Kumar to help you.