cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisting 'liked' SCN Blogs

VishwanathV
Participant

Hi,

Where to find and re-visit 'liked' blogs from my scn profile? Also, how to bookmark a blog or a discussion for future reference?

Best,

Vish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena_Perfiljeva
Active Contributor

As others noted, there is no such option within SAP Community platform. In the previous version, before 2016, we didn't have this option either but we had "bookmark" action that stored bookmarks in your SCN profile. Other that waiting for this feature, I can suggest the following options:

- browser bookmark, obviously (some browsers can keep track of bookmarks between multiple devices too);

- RSS feed (I use FF browser and RSS tool called Brief, it has an option to bookmark a blog and then you can see the bookmarked items separately);

- in addition to "like", leave a comment in the blog (I bet the author will like it too) and then you can see all your blog comments using this secret link.

VishwanathV
Participant
0 Kudos

Though i didn't like the fact that these features are not yet available on scn, i will certainly use the workarounds suggested. Thanks to all of you for responding.

Johan_Hakkesteegt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That secret link is one of the most useful pages I have seen in the current iteration of the SCN since its inception. A similar one for comments in the Q&A would be incredible.

Are there any other such secret links?

Jelena_Perfiljeva
Active Contributor

I'm not aware of such feature for Q&A. The "secret link" comes from the Wordpress platform, I believe. I couldn't find a similar place in Q&A platform. There was "content I participated in" tab on SCN before 2016, which included every place where you've ever commented or answered. It was useful but, alas, no longer exists.

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

jelena.perfiljeva2 johan.hakkesteegt

The new profile page (currently in testing) will have bookmark functionality. Here's a blog post about the profile (https://blogs.sap.com/2018/06/25/help-wanted-say-hello-to-new-profile-experience), but the conversations about bookmarks occur here: https://answers.sap.com/articles/556445/do-you-wanna-build-a-snowman-or-a-profile.html.

If you want more details, I recommend leaving comments/asking questions in either of those related threads.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way for yourself to find what you liked, but if you have a buddy who is also active here then you can ask him to follow you. And when doing this he can see in his activities what you liked. However the activities do only list the activities of a little more than a month into the past

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You could create a second user for yourself using a second email address and this way following yourself.

But this is not a real solution ;-).

VishwanathV
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to those who have already expressed their concern over the missing but desireable feature of bookmarking the pages on scn and having influenced sap to consider it.

Coming to the 'likes', i wasn't able to revisit the blogs contributed by others and i have liked - i tried to look around my profile to see if i can find any reference of these blogs which i liked earlier but have failed to find any.

Best,

Vish.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vish, Bookmarks are an idea that is is under review - see https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/137755/?section=sectionComments

Regarding your first question - revisiting likes - do you mean your likes or likes on your blogs? I didn't see where you created blogs

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When clicking on the link I can't add a vote. It's grayed out.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess I'll ping mynyna.chau to see status of the influence site

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, here is what appears on top of the screen when I open the site with chrome:
"Known Issue: Comment editor not loaded correctly when using MS Internet Explorer! Error message: Please enter comment (although text was entered). Workaround: try using different browser"

Best, Mynyna