cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking of SAP-SCN members

0 Kudos

Is it possible to show the rank out of total SAP-SCN members? (e.g. say, 24500 out of 1245670 – i.e. top 1% approx)

It will certainly motivate the contributors.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

I think I was grossly misunderstood; or may by I didn’t articulate it properly.

It is not the question of whether one is sufficiently internally-motivated or not, but the total number of SAP-SCN members is a vital key figure! And it should be available readily (& one need not go through any work-around just to obtain that).

And in today’s world of data mining (& with SAP being a key player in the analytics), I need not explain the significance of that number. Still, just to make myself clear let me explain.  The total number & whether it is one million or ten millions  (& whether it is increasing QoQ) MATTERS a lot. It could provide an excellent opportunity to SAP’s growing network of VARs / vendors, to showcase their ads (of products approved by SAP, of course).  And if SAP is transparent (& I know, it is), it can go one step ahead & publish not just total number of SAP-SCN members but also the number of ‘active’ SAP-SCN members (with some definition of ‘active’ – something one who logs in to portal at least once a week or contributes to portal at least a month etc.)

If the esteemed SAP-SCN moderators (of this thread) don’t find this relevant, kindly delete this thread. And you can’t do it, please let me know & I will do it from my side..

Cheers!

Prashant

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You understand that tech-savvy people use stuff like Adblock, NoScript, TOR browser, VPNs, avoid sharing too much personal info, etc., so the quality of collected data could be questionable and the number of viewed impressions would not be as high as you may think at first.

I highly appreciate that advertorial content is currently kept out of the functional/technical forum spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In contrast to what has been said already, would you agree to participate in a funny names ranking?

C. Hari

former_member182550
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.  Except when at work.