New York Blog Posts
Welcome to the New York Blog Posts! Stay up-to-date with the latest insights, trends, and expert opinions in the world of SAP in the Big Apple. Discover events and industry news to enhance your SAP knowledge and stay ahead in NYC's dynamic SAP community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smarchesini
Active Contributor

New York City is a paradise for food lovers, offering an unparalleled diversity of culinary experiences. Whether you're a local or a visitor, there are some iconic eats you simply cannot miss. Here's a curated guide to some of the best food spots in NYC, from high-end delis to budget-friendly food trucks.

Katz's Delicatessen

You can't leave NYC without trying Katz's Delicatessen. Famous for its pastrami sandwiches, this place serves up what many consider the best pastrami sandwich in history. It's a bit pricey at $30, but the portion is generous, and the flavor is unforgettable. Check it out on Google Maps.
chalo-gallardo-_FJFYKnB0zM-unsplash.jpg

Shake Shack and Best Burger

When it comes to unique and high-quality fast food, Shake Shack is ten steps above the rest. Known for its delicious burgers, shakes, and fries, Shake Shack offers a gourmet fast food experience that you won't forget. Find it here.

subhaan-saleem-so4Syln9Pvk-unsplash.jpg

but although I haven't tried it yet, reviews and word of mouth suggest this place has the best burger in NYC:

Bagels and Lox

For a classic NYC breakfast, head to the top bagel shops. While you can splurge on bagels with lox, it's worth every penny. These bagels are ubiquitous in the city, but some shops stand out for their exceptional quality. Here's a great place to start.

girl-with-red-hat-LZW4V8FVH1w-unsplash.jpg

Chinatown's Culinary Gems

Chinatown offers some of the best and most affordable dining experiences in NYC. Two top restaurants to try for my perspective are:

If you're looking for a budget-friendly option, this place is excellent:

For those are even shorter with budget, this is a great choice:

wes-hicks-Q_CmcYcMSKo-unsplash (1).jpg

Cheesecake in NYC

Heading north, you'll find some of the best cheesecakes in the city. The top spot for cheesecake is here, with a close second being this location.
kalisha-ocheni-_BBTqanOrBI-unsplash.jpg

Best Food Stall

For an iconic NYC street food experience, there's a food stall that's considered the best in the city. Despite the 30-40 minute wait, it's worth it, and for just $10, you'll leave feeling super full. Check it out.
I also made a blog about it here in the SAP Community.

Affordable Pizza

NYC is known for its dollar slices, but for the best cheap pizza, this spot stands out:

I love art and this slice is perfect before or after the MoMa. If you are passionate of TV series round the corner there is the reference bar from How I Met Your Mother.

peter-bravo-de-los-rios-OklpRh8-Sns-unsplash.jpg

Financial District Food Trucks

The Financial District is home to some great food trucks. Usually at lunch a lot of people used to eat from a food truck. I worked for a while here and I often ate at an:

And my favorite is an excellent falafel truck nearby that's worth seeking out but it's not on the maps. It is in the Zuccotti Park check it out.

arthur-osipyan-A8odL84U15w-unsplash.jpg

Embark on this culinary adventure and experience the diverse flavors that make New York City a food lover's dream. Enjoy!

4 Comments
Marssel700
Active Contributor

Hey Seba, don't forget to do that 45 to 60-minute run to burn off all those calories afterward, okay? 😀

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Katz' pastrami sandwich is what we also tried out during our stay in NYC! Simply delicious 😊 I loved the gherkins which have been served with the sandwich. So different than those in Germany but so so good!

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

@Marssel700 😂

smarchesini
Active Contributor

@sveabecker  Katz' is unique ! I never see a restaurant with so many reviews on google nowhere else.
Sorry I did no make this list before

And of course @Marssel700 😄 This is also the Running month 🎽

Labels in this area