Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Discussions
Engage in AI and ML discussions. Collaborate on innovative solutions, explore SAP's AI innovations, and discuss use cases, challenges, and future possibilities.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Scientist role in SAP

former_member147380
Participant

Hello Experts,

I have knowledge on Machine Learning and Python for Data Science and interested to work in Data Science in SAP platform. Please provide your sugessions.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TrusPatel
Participant

Hi M Depa,

I suggest you below things which I am trying out.

SAP provides several data science and analytics tools and platforms, such as SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, SAP Data Intelligence, and SAP Predictive Analytics.

Learn SAP-specific Data Science Tools: SAP offers its own machine learning and data science libraries and frameworks. Familiarize yourself with these tools, such as SAP HANA PAL (Predictive Analytics Library) or SAP HANA Automated Predictive Library (APL). Basically it is written in SQLScipt language getting called from ABAP using AMDP .

Try hana_ml python library using which you can code in python and run models on hana script server.

Write ML or NLP code in javascript in SAPUI5 applications for analytical apps.

Use PowerBI or python coding ( Rest based connection to HANA) to work with OData of standard Analytical Fiori App.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Harish_Vatsa
Active Contributor

Dear M Depa,

Please find the SAP jobs at the following link:

https://jobs.sap.com/

Please apply for a job matching your interest and profile. All the best !

--

Regards,

H.V.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your response I will refer..

TrusPatel
Participant

Hi M Depa,

I suggest you below things which I am trying out.

SAP provides several data science and analytics tools and platforms, such as SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, SAP Data Intelligence, and SAP Predictive Analytics.

Learn SAP-specific Data Science Tools: SAP offers its own machine learning and data science libraries and frameworks. Familiarize yourself with these tools, such as SAP HANA PAL (Predictive Analytics Library) or SAP HANA Automated Predictive Library (APL). Basically it is written in SQLScipt language getting called from ABAP using AMDP .

Try hana_ml python library using which you can code in python and run models on hana script server.

Write ML or NLP code in javascript in SAPUI5 applications for analytical apps.

Use PowerBI or python coding ( Rest based connection to HANA) to work with OData of standard Analytical Fiori App.

0 Kudos

Hello Trushit,

Thanks for detailed helpful information and I will follow the same. I have done Data Science certification from one of the institutions Irrespective of SAP part of that I have learned basic Statistics, Python coding for Data Science, EDA, preprocessing of data using Python Libraries Pandas, Numpy, Seaborn and NLTK. Later I started looking into SAP HANA libraries exploring on ML in SAP and explored on Machine Learning use cases in SAP Focused Run system.

I was trying to get a project roles but not getting, could you please advice me further steps to continue to work on SAP ML or Data Science roles.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi M Depa,

If you have access to an SAP system, get SAP OData activated of standard Fiori Applications( Fiori-Apps-Library ). Or use Northwind open OData (Northwind-OData)

1. Analytical Fiori( SAPUI5 based) apps comes with ML-processed data, exposed via OData service. Using this data, you can build Analytics dashboards in python/PowerBI or other tools. ( Ask you fiori consultant or basis team to activate Fiori apps to understand what standard apps are building on top of the same data.)

2. Other normal Fiori apps

In these types of apps, Master/Transactional data is exposed via OData service. Connect with REST based connection. You can leverage these data in python as you will get to apply ETL, NLP using NLTK, Seaborn for graphs, ML using sklearn, Plotly and many more.

for an instance, try Northwind-OData This is free OData service. for starters follow this blog.

3. Get started with SAP Analytics Cloud. intro

4. Check this blog out. SAP-HANA-Cloud-ML-Challenge-2022. This would be really helpful to you.

Regarding Job opportunities,

SAP BTP consultants and SAP Analytics cloud consultant role is increasingly getting popular on linkedIn; I have seen multiple job postings from many MNCs for the same.

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi!

There is also a career corner here in the community where you can check out current postings and career development / learning suggestions from community members: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/career-corner/gh-p/career-corner

0 Kudos

Thank you I will check and ask for more details if needed.